Allstar Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2013
Hi everyone!! I just want someone to kind of help me and decide between this topic I've been going back and forth on for a couple of months. I cheer for my highschool team, and I absolutely love it. I want to continue to do it all 3 more years. I also want to do Allstar! I know i should probably wait until i get more advanced (i have running & standing back handspring, roundoff tuck) but i feel like if i wait until after highschool, I'll be too old and most of the girls would have been at that gym since they were like seven. Another problem is that my highschool team and the 2 gyms im looking at are at a few if the same competitions (obviously not competing against each other) but i feel like it would be super awkward. If anyone could help me figure out some kind of answer or suggestion i would love it!!!
-Jaclyn

Hi everyone!! I just want someone to kind of help me and decide between this topic I've been going back and forth on for a couple of months. I cheer for my highschool team, and I absolutely love it. I want to continue to do it all 3 more years. I also want to do Allstar! I know i should probably wait until i get more advanced (i have running & standing back handspring, roundoff tuck) but i feel like if i wait until after highschool, I'll be too old and most of the girls would have been at that gym since they were like seven. Another problem is that my highschool team and the 2 gyms im looking at are at a few if the same competitions (obviously not competing against each other) but i feel like it would be super awkward. If anyone could help me figure out some kind of answer or suggestion i would love it!!!
-Jaclyn
I think you could really benefit from talking to someone at the gym where you're thinking about cheering. Send them an email and they can direct you on who you can get in touch with to see if joining is the right decision. You can express all of your concerns and get some input on what will be best for you. I have a lot of friends who do both & really enjoy it because they are such different experiences.

I
Have you read this thread?
Cheer - High Schools & How They Perceive All Stars | Page 4 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

You need to do some research on whether or not doubling up is even possible. Does your school allow cheerleaders to do Allstar too? Can you afford to pay for both programs? Will your parents or a reliable carpool provide transportation to the Allstar program? Are try outs for the Allstar program still open?
I did do some research! I have permission from school and parents, i know when next seasons tryouts will be, its just kind of a decision if i think im ready or not i guess! Im worried i wont be good enough!

I think you could really benefit from talking to someone at the gym where you're thinking about cheering. Send them an email and they can direct you on who you can get in touch with to see if joining is the right decision. You can express all of your concerns and get some input on what will be best for you. I have a lot of friends who do both & really enjoy it because they are such different experiences.
Thank you so much! This helped a lot. I do have a friend at one of the gyms who cheered for my high school team! She'll be able to help me:)

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Best of luck with tryouts! It will be hard work learning a new routine with new teammates, but I'm sure it will be a great experience for you :)

Back