Allstar Level Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is my problem with starting her on a level 3 team.

On my first year of allstar cheer, I was flexible enough that they felt like they could have me flying level 4 stunts. Because it was my first yer of allstars, I only had a back handspring. I was put on level 4.2 on my first year of allstars. It did benefit me that I was small enough that the bases could hold me up. This was the most stressful season of my life. I feel like bases will always blame the flyer if anything goes wrong. I don't know if this is just me but my bases would nag me on about what to do and not to do to the point where I was almost crying backstage.

If she really wants to fly, it is a great experience and lots of fun, I am just warning you about how stressful it may be for her.:cheering:

I would say because it is her first year or cheer go with J1 at the closer gym - find out how much she truly loves the sport before making that kind of commitment & she can still keep working on her level 3 skills

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'd look into another gym closer to you that offers a level 2 if you think she will be bored at level 1. Nothing wrong with a base... or a flyer... with out a base.. a flyer couldn't fly! Good luck!

Here is my problem with starting her on a level 3 team.

On my first year of allstar cheer, I was flexible enough that they felt like they could have me flying level 4 stunts. Because it was my first yer of allstars, I only had a back handspring. I was put on level 4.2 on my first year of allstars. It did benefit me that I was small enough that the bases could hold me up. This was the most stressful season of my life. I feel like bases will always blame the flyer if anything goes wrong. I don't know if this is just me but my bases would nag me on about what to do and not to do to the point where I was almost crying backstage.

If she really wants to fly, it is a great experience and lots of fun, I am just warning you about how stressful it may be for her.:cheering:
Me too ! Like it actually sucks . Everyone says it's the flyers fall but it's not just us ! It's shared between four or five people. Not just the flyer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Do what's best for your family. Stunt groups are put together, people move, quit, can't afford, grow, get scared, etc. My point only being your daughter may start out as a flyer and end up as a base or vice versa within the first week or two. I can't stress enough how quickly stunt groups and routines change during the year. Personally, I would choose the gym close to us the first year, not because of level or stunt position, but to see how much she enjoys it, the commitment level, etc. Best of luck!

I'm a HUGE advocate of mastering skills in each level before moving to the next. If you don't learn a handstand correctly, you will not have your hand placement correct when you do a RHS. Same as with foot placement; cartwheels before round-offs. It's easier, safer and all around "better" to learn the correct way to do a skill than to have to unlearn bad habits when you are ten or older.

Back