All-Star Allstar Resort/block Party

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it was just Magic Kingdom. I don't know if they're always open until 2AM on Sunday or if it was just a coincidence - but definitely something worth remembering for next year.
Each night one Disney park stays open late. They rotate which park it is.

I think it was just Magic Kingdom. I don't know if they're always open until 2AM on Sunday or if it was just a coincidence - but definitely something worth remembering for next year.

Disney offers the extra magic hours on certain days and the days vary for each park. Magic Kingdom had one the 29th, Epcot had one the 28th, and Hollywood Studios on the 27th. Only certain rides are open and I would assume that dates change every year.
Extra Magic Hour at Walt Disney World

It sounds like College Nationals...but with underage athletes. They actually sell beers at the UCA block party, but the difference is that only adults are allowed at the event and most athletes are 21+.

You're almost always going to have teenagers that find a way to drink, whether it's on the football field or in their hotel bathroom. The best way to avoid mass amounts of that is to offer fun alcohol-free events.

It sounds like College Nationals...but with underage athletes. They actually sell beers at the UCA block party, but the difference is that only adults are allowed at the event and most athletes are 21+.

You're almost always going to have teenagers that find a way to drink, whether it's on the football field or in their hotel bathroom. The best way to avoid mass amounts of that is to offer fun alcohol-free events.

We went last year hoping to have a drink, since some of my former teammates went to UCA for college and said they served. But they don't serve at the worlds block party since it's mostly high school kids.

We went last year hoping to have a drink, since some of my former teammates went to UCA for college and said they served. But they don't serve at the worlds block party since it's mostly high school kids.
Yup, so fun. Of course I'm 21 so it's legal for me to have a drink. I'm glad they didn't serve at the Worlds Block Party.

I also saw lots of other athletes from many different gyms as well as ours doing the same thing. Just having a good time at the park and enjoying themselves, no trouble necessary. There are a lot more good kids out there than the bad, sadly the bad ones are what gets remembered.
And is that a Shi Tzu in your picture? We have one with those colors :)

Yes it is. She is a little over a year old now. They are great dogs.

As an athlete, I was pretty disappointed that the Block Party was basically non-existent this year. Celebrating the end of Worlds/the season with a bunch of cheerleaders was so fun in previous years!

Realistically, it's going to be hard to keep alcohol out of underage kids' hands no matter what. I think the best way to avoid bad things happening would be to have the party in a safe environment. By driving the athletes out of the park this year, everyone went back to the hotel and tried to make their own parties and what not. IMO, it's easier to get hookups at a hotel where it's free-for-all instead of at a theme park where they make you dump everything before going there anyways.

I guess what it really comes down to is that people need to teach their kids to be responsible. As an international age athlete, I see no problem with going out and having fun as long as it doesn't get out of hand. But with so many high school age athletes there as well, maybe there needs to be some separation? 12 year olds dancing with 21 year olds seems like a problem in the first place, alcohol or not.

Idk, I just feel like the Block Party shouldn't be taken away - just managed differently. I think having a separate 21+ party elsewhere might taper off some trouble, or maybe open a bigger park like Magic Kingdom all night (kind of like grad night) just for cheerleaders for some clean fun on the last night of Worlds!

I agree with kingston on this issue. You're not going to stop the kids from drinking. You're just not. It's been happening at Worlds for too long. The best idea would be to take away the gathering areas and don't let them congregate around the pool or field areas. After a certain time, make athletes move along or enforce a curfew unless they are accompanied by an adult. We have curfews in certain areas of our town, it's not unheard of. Some will still probably do it, but it is far less likely to get out of hand when they can only do it in small groups instead of by the hundreds.

After reading through all of this, I still think it comes down to where are the parents/chaperones? A lot of the issue is the kids either don't have a chaperone responsible for them or their chaperone clearly should not be allowed to be in charge of kids. At high school nationals I had a dad go off on me because I made his 12 year old daughter leave the block party, where she was dancing with drunk high school juniors and seniors guys. It shocks me what some parents think is okay. I have seen on my own facebook pictures of people I'm friends with who are coaches drinking with their athletes at allstars Sunday night. I think everyone needs to take responsibility. Set rules and follow through. I know kids will find ways to drink if they want, but the problem is its far too easy for them. Make it an inconvenience and you will deter some.

Disney offers the extra magic hours on certain days and the days vary for each park. Magic Kingdom had one the 29th, Epcot had one the 28th, and Hollywood Studios on the 27th. Only certain rides are open and I would assume that dates change every year.
Extra Magic Hour at Walt Disney World
I believe its also only for people that are staying at Disney too. I don't think anyone staying off grounds can go to extra magic hours.

Yes, Extra Magic hours are convenient but they are only for people staying on site.

WOW...So many posts on this subject and I agree with many of them. I am not sure where to start but I have to say that it is disappointing to see things get so far out of hand at Worlds and it seems to get worse each year. The stories I heard and the things I witnessed are downright disturbing. It starts with the Parents and the Coaches, I know you can't be with the kids at all times but there needs to be rules for the athletes and if they refuse to follow them then they don't go...PERIOD!
I think it is extremely irresponsible for certain individuals to go out and party, get sloppy drunk and then not be able to function when it is your turn on the floor. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, it is about your team and the 20+ other athletes and your coaches that have worked so hard to get to Worlds, at least give them some respect and show up ready to perform at your best. You can drink your face off AFTER your performances are done if that is what you choose to do but don't screw it up for everyone else. It's extremely selfish and ignorant.
OK, that said...It is a shame that those who choose to act up ruin it for those who show up and have fun without embarrassing themselves. There were PLENTY of drunk kids to be found this weekend and it was a total circus at times. The incidents at the football field were totally out of control and the lack of respect shown by some to their elders and the police is alarming. I thought it was bad last year but I think this year may have been worse. Last year I actually witnessed girls who were drinking inside the arena and one girl who was so drunk she could barely speak or stand up. This year I did not see that in the arena but I did see more of it at the resorts and I kept asking myself "where are the coaches, parents or chaperone's?" Is it going too far to say that maybe some coaches or parents look the other way? I know that kids will be kids but there has to be a limit. I have nothing but praise for those who followed the rules and stayed out of trouble, I would like to think that the majority of them did that and that is a direct reflection on your Parents and the great job they did raising you. It was mentioned earlier in this thread and I will say it again, it is only a matter of time before something bad happens to someone (unfortunately) and that will likely ruin it for everyone. I hope it does not happen so WISE UP people, there are ways to have fun without getting drunk and embarrassing yourself, your parents and your team!

Jim Chadwick just released a statement that included
"On a personal note, I am committed to addressing the behavior of some of the athletes on Sunday night at the Block Party and later at the All Star Resort. I will be seeking feedback from officials, parents, gym owners and coaches to determine the best path forward so that the athletes can enjoy the celebration in an appropriate environment."

So it was definately noticed this year by the big-wigs at USASF. Be interesting to see what they end up doing and I'm going to guess that it will involve some major crackdown on the etiquette rules of how to behave like civilized young adults both at and outside of the competition.

I know some people who bought some at Allstar, in the gift shop...

Sadly, this wouldn't surprise me. I watched a young lady and young man purchase ciagrettes at the gift shop. They were asked for ID and told the cashier that it was in their room. His only response was to say "Oh. Well you're over 18, right?" Of course they answered yes, and walked away laughing between themselves. Sad.

Back