All-Star Allstar Resort/block Party

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im sorry but I would like to remember worlds especially if I won it
A lot of the people I know arn't on the Elite squads at worlds, they either were at largers or didn't make it to sunday. Which is one of the reasons I'd like to see them limit bids that are awarded. I'm in between though, cause I would love to go to worlds and compete and see the talent and if my team wasn't at that level I would still go and enjoy Disney World and watching other teams. Some people had the intention to straight party after they didnt get passed day 1, that I have a problem with.
*I also love to rage, but again, cops and helicopters is going WAY too far. I'd rather spend my time at the parks than do something I do every weekend at school...a few drinks wouldn't hurt though.

I have always been the mom of my group of friends. Making sure everyone is safe and sound at the end of the night, making sure when you travel you always have a first aid kid incase of an emergency, and most importantly being the one who flat out tells you that you are being stupid and to behave when in public.
That's okay though I have absolutely no problem fitting in more with the lovely parents of the fierceboard.
I guess at 23 I have been there and had my fun of getting so drunk I don't remember and doing crazy stupid things. I now realize how stupid it was. There is no problem with having fun, but being out of control isn't the way to do it. If you can't go a weekend without drinking or partying then you need to seek treatment. I also would have found it slightly funny if some of these athletes would have gotten caught drinking underage and found themselves in Jail. Not funny because I laugh at things like that but funny because they think they are untouchable and doing no wrong. I can guarantee if they woke up in a jail cell they would think otherwise.

Ditto! I am 22 and I agree, I think once you've had your time you can see your actions, and the actions of others, a bit more clearly!

P.S I too thought you may have been a mom! :p It's funny what we can imagine everyone to be like in "real life" based off their internet persona haha.

I sure know that my cp will not ever step foot into the "block party"!
But Im sure large groups such as cheerleading worlds convey on disney all the time, baseball, football, band etc. I'm quite surprised that they don't have a policy in effect on this already. Cheerleaders can't be the only fools that act this way??

The hubs coaches a boys HS sports team. Every year he takes them to Disney during Spring Break and they play a few games. A few parents come as chaperones and he sets a STRICT curfew. He has it set up with the front desk that if any of the boy's room door open between 12pm and 7am his phone gets a call. He also gets a print out from the front desk every morning of what times the boy's doors open and close for the entire day before. This way, he has back up. This year was the first year that anyone broke curfew. Let me tell you, they paid for it! Instead of going out and having fun in the parks-they ran suicides, the whole team not just the ones that missed curfew. Those boys that skipped curfew were also benched for the first game once they came back home and they are not permitted to go to Disney next year (these were sophomores, their first year on the team-the older boys all know better than to mess with The Hubs).

Why could The Hubs do this? Because the boys all travelled as a team. They booked the rooms as one block, rather than allowing them to book their own rooms through their parents. They and their parents also signed a contract agreeing to behavior and consequences before being allowed on the trip. Cheer teams need to travel like this. It reduces the blurred lines of "do I follow team rules, or my parent's rules".

The hubs coaches a boys HS sports team. Every year he takes them to Disney during Spring Break and they play a few games. A few parents come as chaperones and he sets a STRICT curfew. He has it set up with the front desk that if any of the boy's room door open between 12pm and 7am his phone gets a call. He also gets a print out from the front desk every morning of what times the boy's doors open and close for the entire day before. This way, he has back up. This year was the first year that anyone broke curfew. Let me tell you, they paid for it! Instead of going out and having fun in the parks-they ran suicides, the whole team not just the ones that missed curfew. Those boys that skipped curfew were also benched for the first game once they came back home and they are not permitted to go to Disney next year (these were sophomores, their first year on the team-the older boys all know better than to mess with The Hubs).

Why could The Hubs do this? Because the boys all travelled as a team. They booked the rooms as one block, rather than allowing them to book their own rooms through their parents. They and their parents also signed a contract agreeing to behavior and consequences before being allowed on the trip. Cheer teams need to travel like this. It reduces the blurred lines of "do I follow team rules, or my parent's rules".
I do believe tha teams going to worlds travel in a block.... Guess it depends on your program ...we all know there are the good, the bad, and the ugly! I think EVERYONE needs to start taking some responsibiltiy and stop passing the buck!

Every single coach and athlete at Worlds signs an Agreement of Compliance (see page 15-16 of the registration packet here: USASF.NET

I feel pretty confident that at least one team violated that agreement this weekend. If USASF would enforce the rule just once (requiring a disqualification, paying back the entire paid bid and causing the team to not be eligible for Worlds the next year), I guarantee the vast majority of the behavior problems would disappear.

I am enjoying you tremendously this evening. I'm just going to follow you around here, shimmying, OK?

And I'm sure everyone is going to reply that gyms like CA and Rays can have zero tolerance policies because they're so awesome that no one would risk it, but some small gym couldn't afford to kick out the talented kids. I often wonder when people say stuff like this - does it ever occur to anyone that CA and Rays are the huge powerhouses they are BECAUSE they have zero tolerance for BS in their programs?

We would get rid of the riff-raff even if it "hurt" the current team/routine. In the long run, it's better for everyone. The kids in the gym know that you mean business and will walk the straight and narrow, and they'll know that you're always looking out for the best interest of the program and that builds trust too. They're invested in what you're doing, and they trust that you will always look out for the best interest of the team. In my opinion, CA and Rays are huge powerhouses for a lot of reasons, and this is just one of them.

We have kicked out some insanely talented kids. That theory doesn't apply to everyone.
BUT you are Cheer Athletics and ACE, you have more than...gee I am not even sure I can estimate the number of athletes you have in each/all of your programs. Let us just say 500-1000 as a guess. A gym with one level 5 team and 50-120 athletes is going to have a VERY hard time throwing a double double away....Just sayin.

I am not saying I agree but I am saying I understand. CA and ACE can fill that cheerleaders shoes before the end of one business day, Acme Cheer will not be that lucky in fact another double double may not come along for a couple of years. This is probably not a popular opinion but I have only ever been a part of smaller gyms that work SOOOOOOOO hard to keep their talented cheerleaders from leaving to Super Gyms like yours. Having said all of that...if either of you guys open up a branch in North Jersey...I AM sooooooo THERE! ;)

Every single coach and athlete at Worlds signs an Agreement of Compliance (see page 15-16 of the registration packet here: USASF.NET

I feel pretty confident that at least one team violated that agreement this weekend. If USASF would enforce the rule just once (requiring a disqualification, paying back the entire paid bid and causing the team to not be eligible for Worlds the next year), I guarantee the vast majority of the behavior problems would disappear.

Is the USASF just ignoring what happens or is it that Disney isn't turning these teams/athletes in so they can't get in trouble?

Also for the "well ACE or CA can get away with kicking them off the team." I don't care if you have 20 teams or you have 5 teams. If an athlete is drinking underage and gets caught they need removed from their team. It is illegal and if you allow it to happen you are allowing that athlete to do something illegal. If you would rather allow someone to possibly get injured because of a stupid drunk athlete so that you can keep your star tumbler then more power to you, but that is just wrong.

BUT you are Cheer Athletics and ACE, you have more than...gee I am not even sure I can estimate the number of athletes you have in each/all of your programs. Let us just say 500-1000 as a guess. A gym with one level 5 team and 50-120 athletes is going to have a VERY hard time throwing a double double away....Just sayin.

I think they'll have a much easier time letting the double double go than they will at trying to get control of their program once everyone starts doing whatever the heck they want because everyone knows you're a pushover.

I am not saying I agree but I am saying I understand. CA and ACE can fill that cheerleaders shoes before the end of one business day, Acme Cheer will not be that lucky in fact another double double may not come along for a couple of years. This is probably not a popular opinion but I have only ever been a part of smaller gyms that work SOOOOOOOO hard to keep their talented cheerleaders from leaving to Super Gyms like yours. Having said all of that...if either of you guys open up a branch in North Jersey...I AM sooooooo THERE! ;)

The year before we moved to Birmingham, ACE was at WCA in Nashville. At that time ACE had one location and 5 total teams, maybe 130 athletes. 2 of the boys on large coed were caught drinking on Saturday night after competing that day and before finals. They were at the competition without their parents. Happy required the parents to drive to Nashville to get them and they were out of the program. The team had to rework the routine the next day.

ACE hasn't had a major issue with any athlete since then.

Doesn't mean the gym is perfect because it's not. But enforcing rules can solve a lot of long term problems.

One of my coaches told us how one year a long time ago they had a boy who had a run in with a cop the day before cheer sport and lucky for the boy he didn't get any charges and he got to go to cheer sport but as soon as they got back he was kicked off the team and they made him go to AA...

If you're strict and crack down hard the first time there is an issue, chances are you won't have an issue again. When I was in the classroom, my first year at a tough school, I was the hard a$$ teacher. Well, word got around that I didn't take any crap and even the kids who were older and who had never had me would be perfect angels when I was around.

Is the USASF just ignoring what happens or is it that Disney isn't turning these teams/athletes in so they can't get in trouble?

Also for the "well ACE or CA can get away with kicking them off the team." I don't care if you have 20 teams or you have 5 teams. If an athlete is drinking underage and gets caught they need removed from their team. It is illegal and if you allow it to happen you are allowing that athlete to do something illegal. If you would rather allow someone to possibly get injured because of a stupid drunk athlete so that you can keep your star tumbler then more power to you, but that is just wrong.
I don't believe for one second that ANY gym is allowing it...is it happening yes. I am also a realist and sympathetic to the realities of being a successful small gym owner and that means holding on to your most talented elite cheerleaders. I am not saying it is right. I am not condoning those behaviors but I am also not going to judge the gym that decides the consequence for drinking beer on the swing set is to ban them from participating in a banquet or scholarship or fining their parents or all sorts of other consequences that could have impact with out destroying a team.

These are kids making stupid choices...(I am not talking about a person who is drunk on the floor endangering the welfare of others). I am just not sure I personally would destroy the career of an athlete because their parents don't parent the same way I do. People pay dearly for bad decisions but throwing a kid away for one bad decision just doesn't make sense to me. I have seen up close and personal young adults thrown away for bad choices they have made, it is ugly. Many spend years trying to put behind them that one bad decision and some never recover. Everyone deserves a second chance....I am just not a big believer in the throw away scenario.

one last thing to add to this that i think may actually be a fun exercise for gyms to do if they have time my gym got a kick out of it last year, at our first away competition last year/season (kalahari GLCC competition) we had all of the returning senior 4 athletes in one suite and the newbies in another the friday of our arrival we all go play around in the water park then we all go get dressed and ready for a night of team bonding in the returning athlete room where we watch movies games and so on, so while the newbies were all getting dresssed and doing their hair all of the returning athletes were running around setting up their beer bottles and mikes (dont worry bottles all had coloured water juice and ginerale in them) music and other objects that the parents brought over the border, so the newbies show up and walk into mass chaos drinking music complete crazyness and everybody starts relaxing chilling hanging out when all of a sudden our very tall very scary and loud coach opens the door and proceeds to scream and freak out at us about how irresponsible it all is (he had 2 of our grade 8 athletes in tears) everybody that was returning then begins to laugh and fall on the floor as well as the coaches and chaperones that we had we then continued to have a talk about what would happen if we were to ever be caught in that situation and honestly it was the smartest thing i have ever seen a gym do (it put the fear of god in everybody) and it works it is also hilarious to see your teammates have a melt down then punch you because you knew about it the whole time, anyways just thought i would share

**sorry if this is all jibberish i had to babysit my brother today and 3 year olds are exhausting to watch

Back