All-Star Allstar Resort/block Party

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Security at the block party was VERY strict. They made me dump out my drink, even though it was just sprite

It doesn't surprise me this happened at all. After spirit won I went straight back to my hotel room and studied and went to sleep. I did get several text from people who were there at the allstar that night but I never went over... I just feel had for all the other families that were at the allstar on vacation :/

I follow lots of cheerlebrities and cheerleaders that were at worlds on Twitter (ATLEAST 20) from many different temas and gyms, and I can honestly say that I disn't see one "drunk tweet" from any of them.......

Security guards and USASF aren't there to babysit 17 and 18 years olds. If they want to drink, thats their decision and they are going to do it wether you like it or not. Thats they're choice and they know that they will most likely eventually pay consequences for their actions. If they don't get in trouble with the law, their parents, their coach, or USASF, they WILL get a bad hangover and probably have lots of regrets in the morning. People learn their lessons in different ways and at different times.

Actually the security guards are there to babysit and this is the USASF's crowning event. The USASF can suddenly come up with ridiculous rules that were put in place for the "safety" of the athletes, well a drunk fest should be their biggest concern. They can put in place an image rule about males being overly exaggerated, well honey this is one bad image they are portraying. One last note, as a former teen myself, teenagers almost NEVER think about the consequences of their actions. they are all about the here and now!

Ok, why am I arguing with a teen???

I have NEVER heard of this actually happening. I know they can do it, but I've never heard of them actually enforcing it - that's why people keep bringing it up. Because they'd like to see it enforced.
Believe this is the first year for this rule. Haven't heard any word yet on if it has or has not been enforced.

Ok, why am I arguing with a teen???
Haha, well since I'm still a teen, I guess I'll bite.

I follow lots of cheerlebrities and cheerleaders that were at worlds on Twitter (ATLEAST 20) from many different temas and gyms, and I can honestly say that I disn't see one "drunk tweet" from any of them.......

Security guards and USASF aren't there to babysit 17 and 18 years olds. If they want to drink, thats their decision and they are going to do it wether you like it or not. Thats they're choice and they know that they will most likely eventually pay consequences for their actions. If they don't get in trouble with the law, their parents, their coach, or USASF, they WILL get a bad hangover and probably have lots of regrets in the morning. People learn their lessons in different ways and at different times.

What is it exactly you think security guards are there to do? Because what you just said, is pretty much the same thing as saying teachers aren't there to teach.

Excuse me for a second.....hahahahahahaha I am sorry but that is funny. I don't wanna know who it was as I do not want to look at the person horribly for the rest of my life but geez get yourself together. I find people who do stupid stuff while drunk completely hilarious because lets be honest its not my fault you drank to much.
Honestly, people probably wouldn't even believe me if I said it, which I won't, but, she was incredibly sloppy. Couldn't even stand up for the most part.

Maybe they could have a DJ if people didn't dance and act like they were the stars in a Nelly rap video circa 2002. I remember when there were pictures/videos released of part of the dance party at worlds one year, I am surprised people didn't walk away pregnant. :cow:
I saw a video of the dancing from the block party at worlds a couple years back...it was very trashy!

I'm pretty sure I could write a magazine with what I saw in addition to the cheerlebrity diving in a bush... Coming from a teen, drinking isn't even the worst of it..

I'm pretty sure I could write a magazine with what I saw in addition to the cheerlebrity diving in a bush... Coming from a teen, drinking isn't even the worst of it..
who was the cheerlebrity? lol can you pm me the name? I'm quite curious now!

Honestly, people probably wouldn't even believe me if I said it, which I won't, but, she was incredibly sloppy. Couldn't even stand up for the most part.
I saw the same scenario -only inside a venue, during competition...not referring to the same person - just scenario.

From a teenager's POV:
This problem won't be solved unless the venue of Worlds is moved. Just look at what's happened this year. The USASF rule changes were ALL over twitter. Literally a worldwide trending tropic. You take something away from teenagers that they want, they'll fight, rebel, and do whatever it takes to get it back just to stick it in your adult face. An event like this party is going to happen every. single. year. until it's completely impossible. I think when the venue is moved to say, where NCA is in Dallas for example, a place that is central and people aren't staying overnight at. That would limit the partying to cheerleaders who are legal and on Open teams, in which case rage hard cause you're legal. But how can you honestly expect a large amount of teenagers who are all close friends to not give into the temptations of underage drinking when it's uncontrollable and well, "everyone's doing it".

I want to clarify again in this post that I'm 16 and will be sober until I'm 21. These are just things I've observed from this (great) discussion and being one of the only sober kids left in my high school.

i was at the block party and heard that too! i agree with you, because taking away stuff with just cause kids to rebel against more! they should do the dance party but just have strict security then or only have a certin amount of people allowed. by the way..the security to actually get in to the block party was crazy. NO ONE could sneak ANYTHING in...
Not true. I saw a few kids with water bottles that were clearly not filled with water. I even saw a security guard go up to a kid, take his drink, smell it, show it to someone else and then throw it away. But the kid was never kicked out or reprimanded? That's what I don't get.

Back