Alternatives To All Star Cheer For Someone Too Old?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My gym tends to look for tumblers first, as that's where we're lacking, at least for Worlds teams. Other than that, especially for Open 4, a willingness to learn is all you need. Being athletic/in shape helps too

Hello, there is also some open teams which are level 4.2. (level 4 for stunting, and 2 for tumbling) this is perfect for someone in their twenties who doesn't tumble very well. I hope you will find what you are looking for!

Hello, there is also some open teams which are level 4.2. (level 4 for stunting, and 2 for tumbling) this is perfect for someone in their twenties who doesn't tumble very well. I hope you will find what you are looking for!

Where? That is not a USASF division.

I think she means for people who have aged out. Once you're 19 the only options are open or international teams and the only levels those come in are 4, 5 and 6.
My gym has had an open 4.2 team before. Not in the senior division, but for 17+. Haven't had one for a couple years now so it might not be a thing anymore, but it was at one point in time.

I guess that is a possibility. Strange that it would be offered in Canada when we follow usasf guidelines though.

Open 4 was an unofficial division before it was added to the age grid, so it's possible Canadian EPs decided to do something similar with 4.2

I guess that is a possibility. Strange that it would be offered in Canada when we follow usasf guidelines though.
I think it's like that everywhere outside the US. For example, in the UK our senior age bracket doesn't have an upper limit, so you can compete senior aged 40+ if you want. I believe it's similar in Australia, too. We all still follow USASF, just adjust age brackets to fit the current nature of the sport in our respective countries.

I think it's like that everywhere outside the US. For example, in the UK our senior age bracket doesn't have an upper limit, so you can compete senior aged 40+ if you want. I believe it's similar in Australia, too. We all still follow USASF, just adjust age brackets to fit the current nature of the sport in our respective countries.
Canada follows the usasf rules to the T. Most Canadian gyms participate in American competitions so we must follow all their rules in order to do so.
Open 4 was an unofficial division before it was added to the age grid, so it's possible Canadian EPs decided to do something similar with 4.2
That sounds like what was probably happening. Again this was a few years ago now that we had that team so I don't really remember all to well

Cheer for the Cure lists their exceptions to the USASF age grid. They list an open 6 division that has 36 members (doesn't exist in the US) and Open 4.2. Interesting @Cheerleading Is My Life

All Star Divisions |

I was thinking about Flyers All starz, which is in Canada. They have an Open 4.2 team, a friend of mine is part of it. I did'nt know that maybe it wasn't an option in the US.

Does anyone have advice on stretching for flexibility? I don't have great flexibility and struggled with basic positions when I was flying this season. I do yoga 3-4x a week and stretch on my own almost everyday using fortheloveoftumbling.com. I've been doing this constantly since September but really feel like I haven't progressed any. Is there a stretch or flexibility DVD or something that would help?

Ideally I would want to go to a flexibility class at a cheer gym but none of those classes are offered near me.

Back