All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

According to the text I got, when Cali J2 was announced as 2nd...there were approximately 4 athletes from J2 teams (no, I don't know which team(s) that pointed at rockstar and screamed "cheaters".

I'm certainly not trying to excuse poor sportsmanship but in the heat of the moment, I'm sure that's exactly what it felt like. Can't say that I blame them. I probably will go to cheer hell now...........

I'm certainly not trying to excuse poor sportsmanship but in the heat of the moment, I'm sure that's exactly what it felt like. Can't say that I blame them. I probably will go to cheer hell now...........

haha, not possible

Honestly, I don't blame them. I'm just saying that if it was my kids, I'd kill them afterwards.
I can't say I blame them. I don't condone it, and if I was a coach and my kids did it I'd be having an absolute fit, but I can't imagine the pain at watching a jacket essentially being stolen from you. Something you've worked so hard for all season, having your moment to shine, and that shadow being cast over what is supposed to be a memorable experience.

Because it IS cheating. Experience? Experience is when Wonderkatz tried for youth 5, or a junior 3 trying junior 4 because there's no competition at a local. It's going to a competition you don't normally go to with a score sheet you don't normally try. It's taking a group of kids who might not normally have a worlds experience because you'd already filled your worlds teams and putting together a team for them to try for a bid, like Weather Girls. It's going to a competition and doing the best you can, not the 'easiest' best necessary to win a trophy/banner/jacket. I'm sorry, I never like to call someone out, because at least one of these programs is local to me and I was fond of watching them grow. But now I must contend with the bitterness in my heart at watching two organizations make a blatant choice that has marred the experiences of innocent kids at two competitions. Not only that, but trying to pass it off as no big deal. Maybe now, after this outcome, you can understand how it looks from the other side. Because without a dog in this fight, it still looks ugly to me.

Having been on the receiving end of this before (losing Cheersport to a sandbagged team) I feel so bad for those girls in 2nd place. Hold your heads high, ladies!
I've also experienced this as well (to teams dropping an entire level) and its not fun. As long as the teams know that they that played fair, that should be enough. They are the true winners. Unfortunately, this is NCA and they can't get the jacket they deserve.. So sad ):

Back