All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so glad this issue came to light! The teams mentioned in this thread aren't the only teams that do this. Hopefully these instances will be brought up at the NACCC meeting and the USASF tier meeting and we can make some progression to get sandbagging in check! But we can't do it if we don't have athlete membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are multiple posts from the coaches/owners, earlier in this thread.

I know coaches from both of these specific teams frequent the boards so hopefully we can hear from them at some point soon.

Also HeyimA , ztaprincess did not defend the actions of those pointing fingers, she just said she didn't blame them... I feel the same way. I am not in Dallas so I did not see anything happen however, if it was Cali who pointed fingers I am quite sure their coach would have handled the situation or will be handling it once back in the gym.

I find this situation quite unfortunate. I don't know the success stories about Jersey Allstars but i do know that Cali Junior 2 went undefeated last season as a true level 2 (my definition being - those who do not attain more than level 2 skills and compete at level 2 all season long). In the past three seasons that team was beat one time, and it was by cheer central suns.

This whole situation was wrong IMO

Admin said:
I find this situation quite unfortunate. I don't know the success stories about Jersey Allstars but i do know that Cali Junior 2 went undefeated last season as a true level 2 (my definition being - those who do not attain more than level 2 skills and compete at level 2 all season long). In the past three seasons that team was beat one time, and it was by cheer central suns.

This whole situation was wrong IMO

Jersey didn't have what I consider 2 hit routines at cheersport. As far as the girls are concerned, they lost because of that and not because of anything else.

You know, I don't even mind if there are some kids on a team who may have level 'x' skills on a level 'w' team. We always are harping on about how 'cheerlebrities' don't make the team, it's a team effort, etc etc. Kids gain and lose skills, teams progress and go to higher levels or people quit en masse and you have to drop because of the demoralizing grip you're in. That being said, it's the construction of a team where I find issue..

This whole situation is very sad. I would be horrified if my athletes/their parents/our coaches pointed and yelled "cheaters". I would be incensed for my team to lose to a sandbagging team. I would be humiliated if my team was called "cheaters" onstage after winning (be it true or not).

I am sad for everyone involved that this is what it is.

kaley(: said:
My gym Florida triple threat has a reall good youth level two team. They just won NCA :)

Congrats :)

Completely agree.
All the talk is about saving the small gym, but guess what-I AM a small gym and I don't need crossovers to fill every team to the max. I have two crossovers total, and they were needed to fill spots that were lacking. However, I used two kids; not ten. A small gym should not have to use excess crossovers to succeed-if so, they are doing something wrong. If you are a great gym, you cannot tell me you need those level 5 athletes on a level 2 team. "They want a chance to base/fly/be with friends." Really? I highly doubt that one.
Stacking teams is taking complete advantage of the situation. Good for your new jacket, but seriously, give me a break. I'm sad for the other teams that are trying to field true teams in the correct division. This is what hurts small gyms more than any crossover rule ever could.

Wow... Do you live in my head? 100% agreed! Many people are telling me that crossovers help ME the small gym, but I disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let everyone know I was late to updating because we were BUSY CELEBRATING OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
We had prepared our girls for the worst and they made us eat our words. They got mad, went out, and delivered. There is no words to say how proud we are of them and what made it even more sweet for them was the situation they had to go through to get there. I wasn't at the small jr 2 awards so I didn't see all of the finger pointing but I know that both these divisions were the talk of NCA. Our girls sat next to Sparks and even held their heads high when one girl leaned over and told them "have fun with 2nd place" (how's that for sportsmanship).

Just wanted to let everyone know I was late to updating because we were BUSY CELEBRATING OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
We had prepared our girls for the worst and they made us eat our words. They got mad, went out, and delivered. There is no words to say how proud we are of them and what made it even more sweet for them was the situation they had to go through to get there. I wasn't at the small jr 2 awards so I didn't see all of the finger pointing but I know that both these divisions were the talk of NCA. Our girls sat next to Sparks and even held their heads high when one girl leaned over and told them "have fun with 2nd place" (how's that for sportsmanship).

Congrats to your daughter so glad that they went in there and showed them that you don't have to stack to win a jacket.

Oh and I totally started screaming when I heard "From Av...." Not very sportsmanlike...I know...but the emotional overload was insane. Most of this team was together last season as a young level 2, most of our team didn't even have back handsprings. We came in last place in small jr 2. Every one of us from last season were balling our eyes out. They have worked and fought for a whole year, culminating to this event. There is really no words for how it felt as a parent to finally go into the champion's club and see those girls take the red carpet!

I know it is very much a dream, but how awesome would it be if those cheerleaders who have more than one Cheersport or NCA jacket (and I know some that have 3 or more) would send those extra jackets to the second place teams? If all of those kids could see that the rest of the cheer world stands behind them, that would have 1000 times more meaning than even getting the jacket they deserved would have given them.

I know I'm living a fantasy, lost in a world of puppies and rainbows. :rolleyes:

Sometimes that's just a better place to be. ;)

I know it is very much a dream, but how awesome would it be if those cheerleaders who have more than one Cheersport or NCA jacket (and I know some that have 3 or more) would send those extra jackets to the second place teams? If all of those kids could see that the rest of the cheer world stands behind them, that would have 1000 times more meaning than even getting the jacket they deserved would have given them.

I know I'm living a fantasy, lost in a world of puppies and rainbows. :rolleyes:

Sometimes that's just a better place to be. ;)

I will donate to that cause.

Congratulations! How exciting for her!!

Back