All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh and I totally started screaming when I heard "From Av...." Not very sportsmanlike...I know...but the emotional overload was insane. Most of this team was together last season as a young level 2, most of our team didn't even have back handsprings. We came in last place in small jr 2. Every one of us from last season were balling our eyes out. They have worked and fought for a whole year, culminating to this event. There is really no words for how it felt as a parent to finally go into the champion's club and see those girls take the red carpet!

Yay! I knew I wasn't crazy when I said SOT was better

Our girls sat next to Sparks and even held their heads high when one girl leaned over and told them "have fun with 2nd place" (how's that for sportsmanship).

That girl must not have a CLUE who SOT is! Even if they're a stacked team I'd definitely be scared by just that name alone!

I know it is very much a dream, but how awesome would it be if those cheerleaders who have more than one Cheersport or NCA jacket (and I know some that have 3 or more) would send those extra jackets to the second place teams? If all of those kids could see that the rest of the cheer world stands behind them, that would have 1000 times more meaning than even getting the jacket they deserved would have given them.

I know I'm living a fantasy, lost in a world of puppies and rainbows. :rolleyes:

Sometimes that's just a better place to be. ;)
I know! I only have one and it was the best win of my life so can't give it up but if I had another I would send it off.

Just wanted to let everyone know I was late to updating because we were BUSY CELEBRATING OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
We had prepared our girls for the worst and they made us eat our words. They got mad, went out, and delivered. There is no words to say how proud we are of them and what made it even more sweet for them was the situation they had to go through to get there. I wasn't at the small jr 2 awards so I didn't see all of the finger pointing but I know that both these divisions were the talk of NCA. Our girls sat next to Sparks and even held their heads high when one girl leaned over and told them "have fun with 2nd place" (how's that for sportsmanship).

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this...not for a minute. My CP has been with the Sparks program for 5 years and I've never seen or heard of this kind of behavior from any kid involved with the program. It is absolutely not tolerated by the owners or coaches. I know just about every kid in the program personally and I just can't believe this actually happened. It's clear you were fired up about the division all weekend and I think this may just be a bit of embellishment. If it really did happen, I suggest you contact the coaches/owners and let them know because I know they will want to know and will deal with it accordingly.

I know it is very much a dream, but how awesome would it be if those cheerleaders who have more than one Cheersport or NCA jacket (and I know some that have 3 or more) would send those extra jackets to the second place teams? If all of those kids could see that the rest of the cheer world stands behind them, that would have 1000 times more meaning than even getting the jacket they deserved would have given them.

I know I'm living a fantasy, lost in a world of puppies and rainbows. :rolleyes:

I will donate to that cause.

This is why I love you and your family. You all claim to have hearts of teal. We all know they're gold. :)

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this...not for a minute. My CP has been with the Sparks program for 5 years and I've never seen or heard of this kind of behavior from any kid involved with the program. It is absolutely not tolerated by the owners or coaches. I know just about every kid in the program personally and I just can't believe this actually happened. It's clear you were fired up about the division all weekend and I think this may just be a bit of embellishment. If it really did happen, I suggest you contact the coaches/owners and let them know because I know they will want to know and will deal with it accordingly.
Sooo...what you're saying is poor sportsmanship is not tolerated at your gym. But, from the looks of it, they have no problem sandbagging teams and competing in inappropriate divisions. That seems pretty darn unsportsmanlike to me. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying THAT. You cannot not expect the athletes of your gym to be good sports, when the coaches fail to set a positive example.

I cannot speak for the division the team was placed in. I do know that at formation the team was open to anyone that wanted to travel to Dallas. I do not know what happened in practices, whether the team was able to successfully execute higher level tumbling/stunting. The only people that know that are the coaches so I have to let them speak to that. I DO know the kids in the gym and I DO know what is expected of them and I've never seen any kid exhibit that kind of behavior at awards. I have to imagine given the circumstances of the weekend and knowing there was all sorts of drama surrounding the team this weekend the coaches would have placed even more pressure on them to behave in a respectful manner. So, no I'm sorry....I don't think this actually happened. Again, if it really did I urge those that witnessed it to contact someone with a description of who it was and let them know.

I cannot speak for the division the team was placed in. I do know that at formation the team was open to anyone that wanted to travel to Dallas. I do not know what happened in practices, whether the team was able to successfully execute higher level tumbling/stunting. The only people that know that are the coaches so I have to let them speak to that. I DO know the kids in the gym and I DO know what is expected of them and I've never seen any kid exhibit that kind of behavior at awards. I have to imagine given the circumstances of the weekend and knowing there was all sorts of drama surrounding the team this weekend the coaches would have placed even more pressure on them to behave in a respectful manner. So, no I'm sorry....I don't think this actually happened. Again, if it really did I urge those that witnessed it to contact someone with a description of who it was and let them know.

Every gym has athletes that make bad choices, they are young, they are learning, it is a process. So it may have happened, it may not have happened. You can't look at a uniform and know that the child wearing it will always behave in the manner the gym owner, coaches and staff encourage. Silly to argue it on this board, you can't know what was said between those two athletes unless you were sitting on the stage and heard it. I do however take you at your word that it is out of character for these kids, since you do know them.

Every gym has athletes that make bad choices, they are young, they are learning, it is a process. So it may have happened, it may not have happened. You can't look at a uniform and know that the child wearing it will always behave in the manner the gym owner, coaches and staff encourage. Silly to argue it on this board, you can't know what was said between those two athletes unless you were sitting on the stage and heard it. I do however take you at your word that it is out of character for these kids, since you do know them.

You're absolutely right...no one knows what happened..not even the OP so there's no need to bring it here and demonize the kids. I would have a really hard time believing it happened period, but given the circumstances it makes it even more unlikely. The fact that the kids look up to SOT and respect them as a gym (I've seen all kinds of FB posts talking about what a good team they were) just makes it that much more unlikely. I am a parent though, and I do know never to say never...kids do things that are out of character sometimes. That's why I still say, if it really did happen then the person it happened to should bring it to the attention to a coach or owner with a description of who it was.

You're absolutely right...no one knows what happened..not even the OP so there's no need to bring it here and demonize the kids. I would have a really hard time believing it happened period, but given the circumstances it makes it even more unlikely. The fact that the kids look up to SOT and respect them as a gym (I've seen all kinds of FB posts talking about what a good team they were) just makes it that much more unlikely. I am a parent though, and I do know never to say never...kids do things that are out of character sometimes. That's why I still say, if it really did happen then the person it happened to should bring it to the attention to a coach or owner with a description of who it was.
And while I responded directly to your post, I meant it to be a little more general (including the OP as well). At a minimum the adults and especially the parents should know that we just can't know, we love our kids but they sometimes they show bad judgement (whether it be a kid saying something inappropriate to a competitor or another kid "embellishing" a story about what a competitor might have said).

I saw on twitter yesterday that a girl on Shooting Stars gave her jacket to a little boy with cancer! Thought that was really sweet!

Already done - my daughter's best friend is on Cali J2 and she said, "Mom I know I'm a winner - my friend needs to know she's a winner too" gave her friend her Dallas jacket.
Admins, can we shimmy this a million times? CaliMom, your daughter has restored some of my lost faith. I'll bet she has done that for many others, too. She will always be a winner, no matter what she does with her life. Good job raising her, mama!

And the same for the girl who donated her jacket to the boy with cancer. THESE kids are the best of the best cheerleading has to offer.

Back