All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think the point everyones trying to make is that its easier for other levels to do a level 2 routine and the exacution would most likely be better for someone that has been throwing this skill for a long time then someone who just got a skill and hasent had time to perfect it
yes, and i understand that! haha, i was just trying to say that skill wise not technique its that same level skills for all lvl 2 teams.

Kids gain skills throughout their current season. They want to move up for the most part so come tryouts they throw those new skills which most of the time aren't perfected. They are perfected by midseason, and that is a true level team. That's what 'normal' tryouts are for.

I guess put yourself in the situation, If you were working hard all year on a LVL 2 team, like I said previously trying to perfect that backhandspring, nailing that extension, getting those jumps as high as you can. Wouldn't you be upset if you got second to a team who is full of higher level athletes who have already perfected that backhandspring, nailed that extension ages ago, and has been doing jumps to handsprings and jumps to back for atleast a year? So what have you learned? Oh well honey you should have went level one, you already mastered those skills so by going level one you wont have learned anything this year and would have won.

I guess put yourself in the situation, If you were working hard all year on a LVL 2 team, like I said previously trying to perfect that backhandspring, nailing that extension, getting those jumps as high as you can. Wouldn't you be upset if you got second to a team who is full of higher level athletes who have already perfected that backhandspring, nailed that extension ages ago, and has been doing jumps to handsprings and jumps to back for atleast a year? So what have you learned? Oh well honey you should have went level one, you already mastered those skills so by going level one you wont have learned anything this year and would have won.
yes, i totally get that! and honestly, i know teams who have been in that situation! but then also, you have those kids who have been on a level 2 for a few years too..who have been working for years on a level 2. i compleltly understand what your saying though!:)

Working on it.

We read your posts and we saw the gaping holes. If you don't see what you did as wrong and that is what you deemed best for your customers, then you and they should have been adequately prepared for these consequences. In the end it all speaks to sportsmanship, ethics and character, and the lack thereof.

The only holes I see is your inability to distinguish facts from Heresay or rumors. The fact is only I know the situation. If you choose to make your points based on a disgruntled employee who hasn't stepped foot in my gym since the day I fired him then so be it. But, I'll continue to post the facts.
FACTS:
1) The team was made up of crossover athletes from 6 different teams in the gym and 1 former athlete. These were the athletes who could afford a last minute trip to Dallas with just 6 weeks to prepare for it. The trip cost about $1000-$2000 per family. So this team was made up of the athletes who had some extra money to spend.
2) 19 of the athletes are on teams that are Level 2, 3 & 4 at Rockstar. 1 athlete is a Level 4 tumbler but flies on a Level 5 team. She backspots a group.
3) We learned the routine in 2 days
4) We had 3 practices to do the routine before our 1st competition, the 1st weekend of February at NCA Atlanta.
5) We lost that competition to Stingray Lg Jr 2
6) We did not have enough time to put together a Level 3 routine and compete it in 3 practice days.
7) We competed 4 times this year including NCA
8) We had 12 practices
9) We will never put a routine on the floor at Rockstar that isn't clean that isn't hitting. We most certainly wouldn't ask parents to spend $1000-$2000 to go experience the Super Bowl of Cheerleading (NCA) and pray that we could get a Level 3 routine together. If we could have done a Level 3 routine in 3 practices, we would have.
10) This trip was an amazing one for our parents and athletes. All they've talked about is going shopping and buying Cowboy boots, cowboy hats, visiting Dallas Cowboy stadium and experiencing NCA. For our gym it was a great decision and those parents and our customers are very appreciative in our decision.
11) We did not cheat or break any rule.
12) We lose to teams at every competition who we know aren't competing at their true tumbling level
13) We beat teams at every competition that aren't competing at their true tumbling level.
14) There are teams that compete down an entire season, that aren't their true tumbling level and compete all season like this. Unless you go into every person's gym and find out what each team is doing, then all these teams are sandbagging.
15) If you don't like the USASF rules then go do something about it. Whatever the rules are we will continue to follow them.
You are entitled to your opinion and that's what the message boards are for. But the minute you try to speak something inaccurate about Rockstar or harm our business with rumors I will adamantly defend it.

yes, i totally get that! and honestly, i know teams who have been in that situation! but then also, you have those kids who have been on a level 2 for a few years too..who have been working for years on a level 2. i compleltly understand what your saying though!:)
I don't think that anyone is blaming them for having higher level athletes, it having majority higher level athletes who have competed on teams at a higher level previously that year form mid season to make a lvl 2 team in order to win jackets...opps I meant "experience" Although why level 3,4, and 5 athletes need experience at level 2 is beyond me

I don't think that anyone is blaming them for having higher level athletes, it having majority higher level athletes who have competed on teams at a higher level previously that year form mid season to make a lvl 2 team in order to win jackets...opps I meant "experience" Although why level 3,4, and 5 athletes need experience at level 2 is beyond me
yeah, i dont like the whole mid season thing to win a jacket. but i mean i am on a level 2 and 3, and i just enjoy crossing over and being on 2 teams! im not doing it just so i can have that jacket! i love cheer and i enjoy crossing over. ive been doing crossovers for years. no its never been from a lvl 1 to a lvl 4 or 5. some kids like to do crossovers and be on multiple teams!

Why aren't you all mentioning the Level 2 athletes that are on The Who, a level 2 team? Sure there are some level 3 and 4 (I do not consider the one from Killers a level 5 athlete seeing as how she doesn't throw level 4 tumbling AND is a flyer on Killers, but a backspot on The Who) A good amount of girls on that team are level 2. Also, this team did not even learn their choreography until after December while all of the other level 2 teams had ALL year to learn their routine.

yeah, i dont like the whole mid season thing to win a jacket. but i mean i am on a level 2 and 3, and i just enjoy crossing over and being on 2 teams! im not doing it just so i can have that jacket! i love cheer and i enjoy crossing over. ive been doing crossovers for years. no its never been from a lvl 1 to a lvl 4 or 5. some kids like to do crossovers and be on multiple teams!
and essentially that is not the situation here..which is why people are mad.

Why aren't you all mentioning the Level 2 athletes that are on The Who, a level 2 team? Sure there are some level 3 and 4 (I do not consider the one from Killers a level 5 athlete seeing as how she doesn't throw level 4 tumbling AND is a flyer on Killers, but a backspot on The Who) A good amount of girls on that team are level 2. Also, this team did not even learn their choreography until after December while all of the other level 2 teams had ALL year to learn their routine.
exactly they have had all year to perfect those level two elements that they have been working so hard to achieve, while all you had to do was slap on some coegraphy on some skills that these athletes have been doing for years and BAM Nationals winning routine. If that is what this sport has come too than I am starting to see why it isnt a sport.

Last year, my CP was 7 year olds and a flyer on a mini 3 team was asked to double on y2 because a girl broke her arm. She had to learn a new routine in 4 practices and did great. If there is already a routine in mind, it doesn't take long for more skilled kids to learn a new routine. The only reason it takes true level 2 teams ALL SEASON is because they learn the new routine, make tweaks to max out the sheets, and are still perfecting those lvl 2 skills. If you have more experienced athletes, of course it isn't going to take as long for them to learn a routine. Drop down a level 4 team to a level 2 team and they can learn a lvl 2 routine in a week because they don't have to 'perfect' those lvl 2 skills. Anyway, that's my last take on this subject. Oh and there were other teams at NCA who sandbagged this weekend and it's infuriating!!

Okay. I don't have a dog in the area and will probably get ripped to shreads... but the question is, if you had 6 weeks to prepare and you knew you were going to Dallas, why did you not immediately implement a Lvl 3 routine? Or why go at all? I would like the experience of going, too, but our team can't compete at our current level and expect to be successful. So we don't go. I am honestly not trying to be hateful or negative. I totally get that it's legal. But just like I can see your side; can you see the the view from the Lvl 2 parents and kids? If I were them, I would feel like the deck was stacked against us.

Okay. I don't have a dog in the area and will probably get ripped to shreads... but the question is, if you had 6 weeks to prepare and you knew you were going to Dallas, why did you not immediately implement a Lvl 3 routine? Or why go at all? I would like the experience of going, too, but our team can't compete at our current level and expect to be successful. So we don't go. I am honestly not trying to be hateful or negative. I totally get that it's legal. But just like I can see your side; can you see the the view from the Lvl 2 parents and kids? If I were them, I would feel like the deck was stacked against us.
I dont know why you would get ripped to shreds when majority agrees with you. :D

FACTS:
<snip>
2) 19 of the athletes are on teams that are Level 2, 3 & 4 at Rockstar. 1 athlete is a Level 4 tumbler but flies on a Level 5 team. She backspots a group.
<snip>

Thanks for providing these facts. The above is an interesting statistic. How many are level 2? Level 3? Level 4? I think if your team is mostly level 2 with some 3s and 4s thrown in, it is understandable to compete at level 2.

Latest posts

Back