All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am just disappointed parents at NCA said stuff to our kids and booed them at awards. I can take it, if you are mad at us, yell at the coaches, call us whatever you want. Leave the kids out of it.

The thing is Derek, and I have no dog in this fight, but WHICH parents are you suggesting booed your kids and said stuff to them? Parent's are no where near the stage in awards and there's just absolutely NO way to know if it was SOT, Podunk Allstars or just fan's that read abuot your team on Fierceboard. Posting that random people that you don't know who they are or who they represent booed your KIDS is just vague enough to not sound true.

And did it ever occur to you that those people weren't booing your kids but your staff?

The thing is Derek, and I have no dog in this fight, but WHICH parents are you suggesting booed your kids and said stuff to them? Parent's are no where near the stage in awards and there's just absolutely NO way to know if it was SOT, Podunk Allstars or just fan's that read abuot your team on Fierceboard. Posting that random people that you don't know who they are or who they represent booed your KIDS is just vague enough to not sound true.

And did it ever occur to you that those people weren't booing your kids but your staff?
Yes, playing the sympathy card here doesn't work. You put your athletes in the line of fire when you did this, not us. And now, IMO, you (as programs) are trying to use them as shields to deflect arrows pointed in your direction.

I badly wanted to "boo", but I didn't because that would have put my actions in the same category as your programs'. Had I dropped that filter, it would not have been directed at the victims - your cheerleaders and those of the programs that opposed you. The "boos" would have been directed at the program, their leadership and to some extent, the parents - the decision makers.

I really did want this to drop but I have to defend our kids against blanket statements like this. When exactly did our kids yell at your or call them cheaters? I know it wasn't in warmups because their coaches would have dealt with them. I know it wasn't in the stands because I made very sure that them and the parents "kept it classy". Even when that one stunt went down and some of girls looked like they were getting ready to cheer, I grabbed them and made them be quiet. Or was it during awards? Because as far as I know you weren't even on the floor with them.
As far as what happened during our awards...our team did keep it classy because their coach was standing right behind them and would have brained them if they had so much as breathed wrong on your kids. I wasn't on stage so I don't know if what was said between the two kids actually took place and that is why I have not harped on it. But unless you were on stage also and sitting with those kids how do you know that it wasn't said? You don't so you can't really throw it off as being a "lie".
As far as I know no one yelled at your kids, called them cheaters, or made remarks towards them at the competition. We made sure to keep our kids as far from yours as possible to avoid something like this being said. Now if you have an exact situation you would like to PM me with I will be sure to bring it up to their coach or if you have a description of the people who were yelling and saying bad things let me know and I'll talk to them myself.
No matter what the situation was I know I always teach my child to have respect for the competition. In fact, Phoebe looked at me yesterday and said "I'm so glad Sparks was there because it made us work harder, and that made it more special to win."
AMEN!

TheUltimateFan said:
I think the two sandbaggers are getting mixed up now. I thought it was Rockstar that got called out as 'cheaters' at awards. Someone said CoachDerek was with Sparks. They didn't win :cheering: so that wouldn't make sense that this happened at awards. I am so confused.

Bottom line, as was stated before, the cheer world has long memories. Wherever, whenever. Brag all you want via your tweets sandbaggers, the only people impressed are yourselves.

Once again lies and rumors lol. Not one negative thing was said to the coaches or athletes at our awards ceremony. It seems that all you have to do on the boards is post a lie or rumor and everyone accepts it as fact. I can't tell you factually that never happened since I was there at awards on stage. So that lie can now be put to rest..Or will it lol

Once again lies and rumors lol. Not one negative thing was said to the coaches or athletes at our awards ceremony. It seems that all you have to do on the boards is post a lie or rumor and everyone accepts it as fact. I can't tell you factually that never happened since I was there at awards on stage. So that lie can now be put to rest..Or will it lol
Can you tell us "factually" that you did not have athletes from your level 3, 4 and 5 teams from this season competing Junior Level 2 at Cheersport and NCA? I haven't seen a direct response to that question from you yet, but there has been a lot of diversion tactics. Including this one.

Unless you can do that, the point above is moot. You have had the ability all along to stop this dead in its tracks if this were all a pack of lies. You didn't. Silence can be quite loud.

Can you tell us "factually" that you did not have athletes from your level 3, 4 and 5 teams from this season competing Junior Level 2 at Cheersport and NCA? I haven't seen a direct response to that question from you yet, but there has been a lot of diversion tactics. Including this one.

Unless you can do that, the point above is moot. You have had the ability all along to stop this dead in its tracks if this were all a pack of lies. You didn't. Silence can be quite loud.
I actually find it funny that the only thing that was confirmed was that no one called them cheaters on the awards mat...which is the only thing that was gaining them any kind of sympathy...because kids shouldn't act that way...but since they didn't ...

TheUltimateFan said:

I can tell you that if you have the ability to read you can go back and read all my posts. I've already explained this whole situation in this post. Maybe you should go read again. The facts are there and I totally stand by our decision. What we did is totally within the rules and my right as a gym owner. I did what was best for my business and my customers. I could care less what your opinions are because they do not affect my business. You're entitled to your opinion and that is all. If you are so opinionated and passionate about the subject I suggest you write a rule and propose it to the USASF. Have a nice day! :)

I am just disappointed parents at NCA said stuff to our kids and booed them at awards. I can take it, if you are mad at us, yell at the coaches, call us whatever you want. Leave the kids out of it.
How on earth could you being disappointed in adults behaving like children, when your staff made the childish and immature decision to deliberately sandbag a team?! Pot calling the kettle black if I ever saw one.

Ironic you wish to "leave the kids out of it." By your staff's decision to, effectively, find a "loophole" in the rules you very much involved the kids. So, I guess, here's a lesson for you and the rest of your "honorable" staff: the selfish actions of your own, will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS affect others and usually not favorably, either.

I can tell you that if you have the ability to read you can go back and read all my posts. I've already explained this whole situation in this post. Maybe you should go read again. The facts are there and I totally stand by our decision. What we did is totally within the rules and my right as a gym owner. I did what was best for my business and my customers. I could care less what your opinions are because they do not affect my business. You're entitled to your opinion and that is all. If you are so opinionated and passionate about the subject I suggest you write a rule and propose it to the USASF. Have a nice day! :)
Working on it.

We read your posts and we saw the gaping holes. If you don't see what you did as wrong and that is what you deemed best for your customers, then you and they should have been adequately prepared for these consequences. In the end it all speaks to sportsmanship, ethics and character, and the lack thereof.

This breaks my heart. How unfortunate is it that there are people that are so blinded by their own prospective satisfaction and success that all morality is thrown out the window. You are correct, nothing you did was "illegal". But, by no means, was what you did the "right" and "decent" thing to do. As for you being a gym owner, I sincerely hope, for your own and the cheer industry's interests alike, that you come to realize that winning is far less important than establishing a reputable and respectable program. (Or in your words, a business.)

And if you happen to find such request is far too daunting, PLEASE just treat others the way you want to be treated. Simple as that. Why some people seem to have great difficulty doing so is beyond me...

*Couldn't care less...unless you really do care about what our opinions are.

I am glad that you did what you felt was good for your business, winning an NCA jacket to draw in more parents instead of doing so with strong morals and ethics. Problem is you have offically left a nasty taste in the mouths of many people in the cheer industry and it can come back to bite you in the butt. Lets just hope you are prepared to explain to your parents and athletes why they no longer get respect at competitions.

People's opinions DO in fact affect your business. How are you supposed to pull in new customers when the general consensus is that you're gym has no morals/ isn't respectable?

For the past several years I have been team mom at our gym and am always with my team on stage at awards. If kids were booed or called cheaters from fans or parents or whomever they must have been really loud. You can't hear a lot from the stage. It would take a full audience of boos and hisses and if that happened, I am quite sure that would have been the big buzz going around and it would have spread like wildfire.

Back