High School American Cheerleader Movie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you interested?

• Total voters
But you still want people to go see it, that it my point. And I don't think casual interest will bring a high attendance for this movie in NYC. Aside from Rocky Point, NewRo and Sachem, who else really "slays" from NY at nationals?
You have the entire North East that is close to NY including Burlington! For the last 4 years the North East dominated at Nationals, plus it is a movie and where better to have a premier than NY. I have seen the movie and it is really good. Though I was involved in the filming from beginning to end; when I finally got to see the actual movie I laughed, I cried and cursed. It is a great movie and an excellent representation of what competitive HS cheerleading is all about.
Congratulations to my CP's Ariya and Ayana who a both in the film. I can't wait to see it again on the big screen!

Other Great Northeast Teams: Barnegat, Pinelands, Upper Derby, Del Val, Bambies (formerly Father Judge), Hunterdon Centeral, North Hunterdon, St. Joseph by the Sea, Lacey, Manchester......I am sure there are quite a few more I am missing and these are only NE teams that medaled.

Other Great Northeast Teams: Barnegat, Pinelands, Upper Derby, Del Val, Bambies (formerly Father Judge), Hunterdon Centeral, North Hunterdon, St. Joseph by the Sea, Lacey, Manchester......I am sure there are quite a few more I am missing and these are only NE teams that medaled.
I think Bambies is St Hubert's High School and Father Judge is another team completely? And Del Val is a college not a high school.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think Bambies is St Hubert's High School and Father Judge is another team completely? And Del Val is a college not a high school.

Del Val competed in Small DII this year and got Second, and we, Burlington got first. Last year they competed Medium DII and won. St Hubert's is the All Girl side of Father Judge which is an All Boy school. The girls used the Father Judge name because the cheered for the boys. After winning nationals last year (2013) for whatever reason they were no longer allowed to use the name "Father Judge" so the started using their All Girl mascot name "Bambies". Hope this information helps to clear up your take on some of the NE teams......

Del Val competed in Small DII this year and got Second, and we, Burlington got first. Last year they competed Medium DII and won. St Hubert's is the All Girl side of Father Judge which is an All Boy school. The girls used the Father Judge name because the cheered for the boys. After winning nationals last year (2013) for whatever reason they were no longer allowed to use the name "Father Judge" so the started using their All Girl mascot name "Bambies". Hope this information helps to clear up your take on some of the NE teams......
Okay! I did not know about the Bambies and oh I guess then there is a Del Val high school too because I attended Del Val college which is also in that area.

You have the entire North East that is close to NY including Burlington! For the last 4 years the North East dominated at Nationals, plus it is a movie and where better to have a premier than NY. I have seen the movie and it is really good. Though I was involved in the filming from beginning to end; when I finally got to see the actual movie I laughed, I cried and cursed. It is a great movie and an excellent representation of what competitive HS cheerleading is all about.
Congratulations to my CP's Ariya and Ayana who a both in the film. I can't wait to see it again on the big screen!
I was really just thinking about teams in close proximity to the city. Need to expand my brain a little! At any rate, the preview drew me in and I will be excited to watch it once it comes out. Congrats to your CPs as well.

That seems like a strange place to premier it considering that NYC is not exactly the hotbed of HS cheerleading.
The film fest isn't just for cheerleading, it involves all types of films from HS organizations and HS students

The film fest isn't just for cheerleading, it involves all types of films from HS organizations and HS students
Confused...then why is it called American Cheerleader and the trailer was about HS nationals?

I must say, I'm unfamiliar with the HS Film Festival (and I know most of the major ones in NYC). Is it a new one?

ETA: It's the film festival's 2nd year. Varsity is either a sponsor or the one hosting. It's only supposed to be for HS students, yet Kelly Ripa's production company is involved with this film? I wonder if it's the fest opener (a major film used to draw in a crowd- one of the film fests I was in had Cuba Gooding Jr's most recent film "Life of a King").

I must say, I'm unfamiliar with the HS Film Festival (and I know most of the major ones in NYC). Is it a new one?

ETA: It's the film festival's 2nd year. Varsity is either a sponsor or the one hosting. It's only supposed to be for HS students, yet Kelly Ripa's production company is involved with this film? I wonder if it's the fest opener (a major film used to draw in a crowd- one of the film fests I was in had Cuba Gooding Jr's most recent film "Life of a King").
Varsity Brands is the host/sponsor of the festival and there will be a red carpet and premiere for American Cheerleader to kick off the film fest.

Back