All-Star American Grand Las Vegas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

on bids. . .It is polite when you are fully expecting to compete for Paid bids at later competions to decline an At-Large. If you accept it and take a paid bid later that At Large goes away and takes the opportunity from someone who might have been able to earn it.

on scoring. . .There is a difficulty score and an execution score. VERY often a team with high difficulty can make mistakes and still outscore a team with lower difficulty executed with no mistakes. If you read a scoresheet it mathematically makes sense.

AndrewSky are you suggesting scores were incorrect?

on bids. . .It is polite when you are fully expecting to compete for PAid bids at later competions to decline an At-Large. If you accept it and take a paid bid later that At Large goes away and takes the opportunity from someone who might have been able to earn it.

on scoring. . .There is a difficulty score and an execution score. VERY often a team with high difficulty can make mistakes and still outscore a team with lower difficulty executed with no mistakes. If you read a scoresheet it mathematically makes sense.

It might be polite but I don't like to see bids handed down because thats where all the teams throwing layouts come from.

It might be polite but I don't like to see bids handed down because thats where all the teams throwing layouts come from.

It's the current system so I still say even the layout teams earned a bid and never try to take away from that.

Too many bids is definitely a point to argue in another thread. I was thinking this weekend about how you could design a national competition system that doesn't rely so much on travel and timing to get a bid to worlds. I am sure it can be done but the sport would have to change.

Ok Im so confused people seem to know who others are talking about bids and stuff and Im just still going wild over Cali Coeds dance! Anyone want to tell me.??
my "guess" is 4th place in the small all girl division had small problems but mostly hit clean. 1st-3rd place had major bobbles or falls.

It depends on the competition and the pool of teams attending. At this particular competition I would say absolutely not.
I agree at this competition however the teams that will deserve to go to worlds will still get their bids but if you start handing them down this early by the end of the season the layout teams are the only ones left and at-larges are still everywhere.

It's the current system so I still say even the layout teams earned a bid and never try to take away from that.

Too many bids is definitely a point to argue in another thread. I was thinking this weekend about how you could design a national competition system that doesn't rely so much on travel and timing to get a bid to worlds. I am sure it can be done but the sport would have to change.
Are you talking about CEA coming across country to a bid compettition or something else? What did you have in mind for a national competition to get bids?

No just thought in general that how teams win bids has a lot to do with what compeititons are nearby, which ones they are willing to travel to, and who can preform well enough early to earn one at an early competiton.

Some type of year-long qualifications system would be awesome for the sport and ensure only the best teams went to Worlds. I formaulated a system in my brain bust haven't put it down anywhere. Don't want to hijack this thread anymore. . .

No just thought in general that how teams win bids has a lot to do with what compeititons are nearby, which ones they are willing to travel to, and who can preform well enough early to earn one at an early competiton.

Some type of year-long qualifications system would be awesome for the sport and ensure only the best teams went to Worlds. I formaulated a system in my brain bust haven't put it down anywhere. Don't want to hijack this thread anymore. . .
Haha got it (maybe you can start a new thread with whats it your brain lol)

Wait Im I missing something, I went back and re read but I thought only one team declined their at large bid, ssx and it went to their small coed.

I also thought that CA and CEA do not take teams to Worlds on an at large bid, so why would they accept it?

This early in the season you dont see a lot of lay out teams (Im gonna use that term cuz I think its funny) that are next on the list for at large bids. This comp had so many great teams. Several are teams that have been in finals at Worlds and will end up with bids. Now GSSA, that was a different story..........

on bids. . .It is polite when you are fully expecting to compete for Paid bids at later competions to decline an At-Large. If you accept it and take a paid bid later that At Large goes away and takes the opportunity from someone who might have been able to earn it.

I may have given you the completely wrong impression , but, the scores as a whole in a particular division I wouldnt necessarily say incorrect, just strange how a raw score can increase and decrease so much overnight .

Back