All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is irrelevant but pertains to Angel Rice: Have her and Kiara Knowlin ever had to compete with each other in power tumbling? I'd be interested to know how that went. -random thought

ETA: Well I never realized how young Angel Rice is (wow). I feel like they probably didn't compete if Kiara's in college and Angels barely in high school. Sorry about that. (I still like to imagine a scenario in which they do though. Just imagine: it would define the word fierce.)
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
I live in Canada, and have always been with the top programs in the country, and I knew year to year what team I was on before tryouts unless I was trying out for a different team that season. Although we don't have near as many athletes coming and going with the talent needed to be on the lvl 4 and up teams. We got placed on a team before tryouts if someone comes up a level or another gym and are better then you then your bumped out of that spot. I'm sure it's the same way for smoed.. You have 10 girls tryout with specialties to a dub and can perform/stunt ect. Then I'm sure athletes will be moved around, I don't think that they are they type if team that keep "favourites" each kid earns their spot fairly i think.. Plus I know Great Whites who won IO5 have invite only tryouts.

On another note I agree that it'll be hard for small gyms to keep up.. I think we will slowly lose them from being bought out by other gyms. I know it's happened up hear sharks bought out a gym because they were going to shut down otherwise leaving the girls with no where to go. And Vancouver All Stars bought West Coast a very small program. Eventually there will be nothing but big name gyms..

Sorry for rambling

I would imagine that maybe they let the out of state kids have a little extra notice before everyone else for obvious reasons. But that's just a guess.

I just have to come out and say that this news bothered me for some reason. Part of why I LOVED Worlds this year is because it felt like there were a lot of new "winners". I like when there are a lot of good teams vying for the top spot, as opposed to the division truly coming down to whether 1, 2 or 3 teams "hit" (because noone else would win if they did).

The Small coed division has actually gotten boring for this very reason IMO. Did anyone REALLY think Smoed and Brandon wouldn't come out on top if they hit? No. Some teams had cool elements, but realistically these teams were far better equipped for worlds with experience and skill. On the other hand, we legitimately were on the edge of our seats w/ lg sr, md coed, and lg coed because they are several teams that are equally good. That's what I want!

I'm gonna love seeing Angel's talent on any team because she is just amazing to watch, but if I had it my way she'd be on a slightly less dominating team to spread the national talent out a bit. #therichkeepgettingricherandImoverit

I just hope we see this division change up a little bit next season :)

I just have to come out and say that this news bothered me for some reason. Part of why I LOVED Worlds this year is because it felt like there were a lot of new "winners". I like when there are a lot of good teams vying for the top spot, as opposed to the division truly coming down to whether 1, 2 or 3 teams "hit" (because noone else would win if they did).

The Small coed division has actually gotten boring for this very reason IMO. Did anyone REALLY think Smoed and Brandon wouldn't come out on top if they hit? No. Some teams had cool elements, but realistically these teams were far better equipped for worlds with experience and skill. On the other hand, we legitimately were on the edge of our seats w/ lg sr, md coed, and lg coed because they are several teams that are equally good. That's what I want!

I'm gonna love seeing Angel's talent on any team because she is just amazing to watch, but if I had it my way she'd be on a slightly less dominating team to spread the national talent out a bit. #therichkeepgettingricherandImoverit

Agreed. I think of all the divisions, Small Coed was the easiest to predict (if everyone hit). And no matter that it's the largest division at Worlds, it's most shallow with regards to legitimate contenders.

The unoffical word I heard was that Cali was limiting promos and Cheerlebrity money earning opportunities and thats why some of the more well known are leaving. Maybe due to the show? Some of they kids make some decent money doing these clinics and magazine ads.

The unoffical word I heard was that Cali was limiting promos and Cheerlebrity money earning opportunities and thats why some of the more well known are leaving. Maybe due to the show? Some of they kids make some decent money doing these clinics and magazine ads.
If this has any truth to it, thank you Cali. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who DOESN'T totally appreciate a Super Sally Scented bow or to "come and meet me at Wawa with Cheerlebrity Carol for Bodacious Bows Promo!"

Last edited:
Are there more well kids leaving??

who's leaving cali?.. boys are aging out but thats all i've heard

I can't say I don't agree with you but I also believe the opposite of this is why teams like Lime and Lady Pros have done well. Yes it would be great to bring kids with spectacular skills and put them all on the floor together but when u have 16 kids that have been together for 5 years thats a different type of animal that these gyms will not be able to experience. I believe as long as smaller gyms find ways to retain athletes and continue to train and groom them we will continue to have pop up winners in divisions. How they will accomplish this I don't know, especially in larger cities with accessible mega gyms

I've heard many parents say their gyms are changing their tryout guidelines this year and I don't think it is just to win anymore, as much as, just to be competitive going forward. The truth is we can't call something "cheating" or "unethical" if those that are making up the rules don't see it that way. This topic has been discussed many times with coaches, parents and athletes voicing their displeasure with multiple crossovers from higher levels and nothing has really changed. What I see happening in the future is gyms are going to require full team well rounded athletes with full team on level skills (tumbling, stunting, jumps and motions). If this is the requirement going forward, it truly won't matter if they pull in 32 level 5 athletes in to do their job. The Good? It will push these kids to be the best they can be if they want to move forward. The Bad? It may take 3 or more years for a child to move on. The Ugly? Oh have mercy, Suzie's mom is going to reach a whole new level of crazy.
I disagree, I consider stacking a team for competition to be cheating and unethical whether there is a rule against it or not. The fact is that there are rules out there that attempt to limit the stacking of teams. NCA for example. However those rules don't exist for Summit, which invites this activity to take place. That's why for me Summit lacks credibility and I've lost all respect for the competition.

Having said that I know there are a lot of good teams and competitors at Summit that deserved their win. I'm in no way faulting them or throwing shade in their direction. As a matter of fact Congratulations to each and every one of you. Your hard work has payed off and I'm happy for you. This discussion is not directed at you in any way.

Conversely, I also know that there were good teams at Summit that deserved to win and didn't due to stacking. For those teams, I'm so sorry for your loss. You too should be proud of yourself. Hold your head high. It's unfortunate, but we have no control over the character of others. What's more important than logging a win is that you kept it real and stayed true to yourself. That's more valuable than any win. You worked hard, performed well and you deserved the win just like the other real winners.

That leaves the other winning teams at Summit that did not deserve to win. I feel bad for you as well. You too worked just as hard as the other teams. But no one will remember you for all of your hard work. Your claim to fame is that you took a win with a stacked team. You pay for that win with your loss of dignity and the respect of your peers. We all know the teams that I'm talking about. We've all had those teams in our divisions before and struggled with the injustice of the situation.

The fact remains that loopholes do still exist and there's always someone willing to exploit those. The stacking problem is recognized, being addressed, and progress has been made. We all understand that more stringent rules can't be easily imposed without placing unreasonable constraints on honest gyms that rely on crossovers to function. industry acceptance of the practice.

This is irrelevant but pertains to Angel Rice: Have her and Kiara Knowlin ever had to compete with each other in power tumbling? I'd be interested to know how that went. -random thought

ETA: Well I never realized how young Angel Rice is (wow). I feel like they probably didn't compete if Kiara's in college and Angels barely in high school. Sorry about that. (I still like to imagine a scenario in which they do though. Just imagine: it would define the word fierce.)
I'm pretty sure that competed against each other at "So You Think You Can Tumble" a while back. Couldn't remember who won that though.

Back