All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@cheernerd5678 @getsum & everyone else, sorry for the repost & copyright infringment!!! omg how embarrassing!! i had no idea it was from fierceboard. in my defense i saw it on twitter. I was trying to see if anyone addressed it, but it's really hard to read through threads on my ipad. i prob should have been paying attention to my professor anyway...

with regards to "stacking".. what if an athlete thats 17-18 wants to be on 2 teams? being on multiple teams can do wonders for athletes and can really help them grow and improve. so you don't want them going from 5 to r5, they can't be on 2 worlds teams, everyone would throw a fit if they were on 4 or below.. what should those athletes do?

See this I don't like. I think it's fine for people to express interest in trying out (i.e. if I were 16 with a double full from out of state and wrote to CSP saying I'm interested in trying out for SE) for a team, but I don't know how I feel about coaches actively recruiting people NCAA-style.
I personally think if you switch gyms you should have to do an automatic stand down for a set period for months in which you cannot compete.

id just like to add that cali small coed have been on top or 2nd since before their official inception (cali small jr coed). this whole idea that out of state people are making smoed great or unstopable is a bit out of touch with reality. reality is smoed has been great since its inception and since before taking on out of state people was a regular thing. prior to 2013 and 2014 (butler and scianna 2013, those two + xavier, emily and kelsey 2014), i believe that everyone on smoed and jr smoed 2010 were all CALI home grown kids (i could be wrong). out of state people arent making smoed great, smoed always been great...

1st place worlds.

people dont give enough credit to eddie, orby and others that train smoed, and the cali kids.

Last edited:
Who was the blonde boy on smoed that year? Last i heard was that he left smoed to focus on power tumbling,
but did he ever decide to cheer again?

id just like to add that cali small coed have been on top or 2nd since before their official inception (cali small jr coed). this whole idea that out of state people are making smoed great or unstopable is a bit out of touch with reality. reality is smoed has been great since its inception and since before taking on out of state people was a regular thing. prior to 2013 and 2014 (butler and scianna 2013, those two + xavier, emily and kelsey 2014), i believe that everyone on smoed and jr smoed 2010 were all CALI home grown kids (i could be wrong). out of state people arent making smoed great, smoed always been great...

1st place worlds.

people dont give enough credit to eddie, orby and others that train smoed, and the cali kids.

isn't the girl with the short bob maddie? or is that jenee?

1st place worlds.

I feel exactly the same as you. Eddie and Orby and all the other trainers around SMOED are basicly the only reason i like SMOED so much. There are no success without good trainers. No matter of how good of a cheerleader you are.

1st place worlds.

Whether SMOED acquires out of state kids or not, they will still be great. One or two individuals doesn't make the team. It takes twenty great individuals working as a single unit for the greater good of the team. That alone can be difficult when you have standout individuals from other gyms that come on to SMOED. The recognition and respect they received automatically at their old gym has to be earned over again at CALI. Instead of being the standout, they are reduced to one of many. For all Eddie gains with the skills of out of state athletes, he also handicaps himself by bringing athletes into a foreign environment and having to seamlessly fold them into team SMOED with little time to do so.

The fact that video submissions are entertained by CALI affords some athletes the opportunity of a lifetime. Without that option the out of state athletes could probably never envision the possibility of joining SMOED. I'm happy that these athletes will be able to spend their next year experiencing the life of a SMO.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

1st place worlds.

Yes...humble beginnings. Maddie, Lauren, Jazzy, Brandee, Kassidy, Michaeleddie and Kyle were all on this team. ☺️

so if her birthday was december she could technically be on green BUT no worlds competitors are allowed to compete at the summit and i doubt rays would be the gym to try that.

and holy i feel old if that girl just turned 15!

Is that a rule for sure?? I know several athletes that competed at worlds and then competed at Summit on the other team.

I personally think if you switch gyms you should have to do an automatic stand down for a set period for months in which you cannot compete.
Where I live if you switch school you have to wait six months to play any sport. A lot of guys transfer to my old high school to play hockey, they can come right from grade nine, but if they're only switching for their grade 11 year they need to switch by march of their grade 10 year. To me six months seems like a long time, I think six weeks would be good enough, but I don't make the rules.

Where I live if you switch school you have to wait six months to play any sport. A lot of guys transfer to my old high school to play hockey, they can come right from grade nine, but if they're only switching for their grade 11 year they need to switch by march of their grade 10 year. To me six months seems like a long time, I think six weeks would be good enough, but I don't make the rules.

That's an odd rule. Was it a private school?

That's an odd rule. Was it a private school?
We have the rule too, if you transfer you can't play sports for a year. It's to keep people from making up reasons to transfer when really it's for sports. They've pretty much stopped granting transfers anyway though.

Back