All-Star Ankle Brace Suggestions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 23, 2011
Hey ya'll Im looking for a good ankle brace for my ankle...its not so much my ankle as it is the tendons that are on the upper part of the top of my foot that really need support...its mostly from landing on my heels...but I just dont have the time/ patience to tape up so does anyone eles have this problem and what kind of brace do you use? Thanks : )

I dunno how much you are willing to spend but I had a DonJoy ankle brace is ahhhhmazing! I broke my ankle beginning of 2010 season and this is the only thing that made sure it didn't move...some ankle braces i tried my ankle would still roll

here is the link
Velocity ES (Extra Support) | DJO Global

most phyio places I've been to do carry it but that's in canada but I believe its popular so you should be able to find it pretty easily

Hey ya'll Im looking for a good ankle brace for my ankle...its not so much my ankle as it is the tendons that are on the upper part of the top of my foot that really need support...its mostly from landing on my heels...but I just dont have the time/ patience to tape up so does anyone eles have this problem and what kind of brace do you use? Thanks : )
My daughter used a brace similar to this with the laces
Core Products Lace-Up Ankle Support - Black Item 6300 on eBay!
but ours was prescribed by the orthopedist so I am not sure what brand it was or if it had more support than one you could buy in a regular store.

If you have insurance go to your orthopedic and get a "game day" brace, that is what my daughter uses, it really helps with her weak ankle.

Lace up would be best if your looking to support the top of your foot so just go to walmart or walgreens and get whatever lace up one you kind find!

ASO's are good but if you've sprained or broken your ankle more than once I don't recommend them..don't stabilize enough

Back