OT Anti-cheerleading Environment! Help?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 30, 2013
I take tumbling at a gymnastics gym. And I've had one of the teenager coaches whisper to me "gymnastics is way better than cheerleading. You should switch" and this girl used to be on ATAs large level five coed. No one at this gym seems to like cheerleading, and I think they feel its inferior to gymnastics. Which its pretty depressing since lots of girls in my class are cheerleaders. Many times have different coaches told me that "gymnastics is better than cheerleading" or "you should switch" it's mostly the younger coaches that say these things, but its really irritating because they don't know anything about competitive cheerleading!!

More and more things are convincing me that I need to take tumbling at ATA or stingrays or something...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I take tumbling at a gymnastics gym. And I've had one of the teenager coaches whisper to me "gymnastics is way better than cheerleading. You should switch" and this girl used to be on ATAs large level five coed. No one at this gym seems to like cheerleading, and I think they feel its inferior to gymnastics. Which its pretty depressing since lots of girls in my class are cheerleaders. Many times have different coaches told me that "gymnastics is better than cheerleading" or "you should switch" it's mostly the younger coaches that say these things, but its really irritating because they don't know anything about competitive cheerleading!!

More and more things are convincing me that I need to take tumbling at ATA or stingrays or something...

They may just think you are a good athlete and want to recruit you for their sport....take it as a compliment.
In the meantime, I would call both cheer gyms and find out about their tumbling classes. See if you can take a trial class at either or both, and check out the vibe and instruction you get at each. Even another gymnastics gym might have a better attitude about cheer than the one you are currently tumbling at.

Do your parents know that is who is instructing you during the tumbling class?
Yes. But the last class it's been this guy named nick who's about 28 or 30. They don't really know much about cheerleading or tumbling so I don't know if it bothers them 15 year old were teaching me.

If they're treating the customer (you) like that, take your business elsewhere. In the end of the day, you're paying them to learn to tumble - not for their advice on what to do with your life. If you like the facility and the rest of the coaches, I'd take it up with the owners. If not, take your parents money somewhere else where you can learn in a positive environment.

Back