All-Star Anybody Else Dislike The ''cheerlebrity'' Phenomenon?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How is a high school kid a "cheerlebrity?" Just curious why a teenager who has accomplished very little outside of high school/all star team competition deserves much recognition at all. Your picture in a magazine? Your face in an ad? If that's what makes a cheerleader a celebrity well have at it.

Name one "cheerlebrity" on Team USA.... there are none cause there is no room for them. Cheer is a team sport.

Do your job, don't seek attention and be grateful that anyone notices your hard work at all.

Often times when people say they don't want something or wouldn't like something it's usually because they know it is not attainable.

It's like me saying I wouldn't marry Chris Brown. I'm saying I wouldn't marry him because I know he wouldn't marry me. Because it sounds better then me saying I'd totally love to marry Chris Brown but im a loser and he would never marry me!:(

I'm not trying to be mean but do y'all catch what I'm saying?

Often times when people say they don't want something or wouldn't like something it's usually because they know it is not attainable.

It's like me saying I wouldn't marry Chris Brown. I'm saying I wouldn't marry him because I know he wouldn't marry me. Because it sounds better then me saying I'd totally love to marry Chris Brown but im a loser and he would never marry me!:(

I'm not trying to be mean but do y'all catch what I'm saying?

I'd have to disagree. I've got a dear friend who's 9 year old is throwing doubles and is a beautiful flyer that wants no part of the "cheerlebrity" status for her child. Different strokes different folks....

I'd have to disagree. I've got a dear friend who's 9 year old is throwing doubles and is a beautiful flyer that wants no part of the "cheerlebrity" status for her child. Different strokes different folks....

No offense cause you know I love you dearly, but I'd love to see if this mom actually held to that opinion if some kind of opportunity was actually thrown her way. I'm sure it's possible that there are parents that would. I've just never seen it happen personally. :)

i think the whole status of "cheerlebrity" is a little silly. Its one thing to look up to an athlete and ask them for a picture but its a little odd to ask for autographs and cry when you meet them. If someone is very talented i believe they should get recognition, but i feel bad for some of them. I don't think they all ask for all this. If i was someone like kelsey rule I'd rather be able to relax right after I compete then have to go through a line of people and take pictures, sign autographs etc.

My dad is 82 and he has said that for as long as I can remember. He says it would "ruin" his life. I always tell him to give it to me. lol

We all know that winning the lottery brings about changes that could destroy a person and their family. But there's not a person out there that would decline the winnings. :) It's all a matter of taking chances. And we would all do it if it was offered to us...

We all know that winning the lottery brings about changes that could destroy a person and their family. But there's not a person out there that would decline the winnings. :) It's all a matter of taking chances. And we would all do it if it was offered to us...

I would take it! I would buy a house closer to the gym. I would like to say I am kidding...but I'm not lol. Totally serious.

What makes everyone think a cheerlebrity set out on a mission to make herself famous. There is incredibly talented athletes that never achieve celebrity status. Fame has a way of being random and not always a calculated idea...just sayin'

I agree with this, too.

"Cheerlebrities" always are the most looked at when they aren't the majority. Not to throw any shade but the division between Maddie Gardner and Senior Elite. Some people look at SE as "Maddie and the Girls" :cow:

@ Mclovin for the record, I'm the first to use "teamlebrity" so it's copyrighted and any shirts, bows, spandex royalties must be paid to me ;)

@ Mclovin for the record, I'm the first to use "teamlebrity" so it's copyrighted and any shirts, bows, spandex royalties must be paid to me ;)

do we have documented proof of that?

There are also very few cheerlebrities on Team USA, IMO, for a few reasons:
1) Team USA seems to have VERY little appeal to anyone inside the allstar circuit (where the cheerlebrity phenomenon takes place). It's a Varsity baby, and their appeal has ALWAYS been more traditional HS/Coed Spirit-leading based. Notice how the ICU routines have cheers?
2) Most of the Team USA members are college students, many of whom don't have the draw from the allstar circuit or who probably graduated just before the concept started to take off.
3) There's one girl remotely cheerlebrity-ish who actually has appeal to HS girls- Ryan Martin from that cheer show (Cheerleader Nation?). Varsity is constantly mentioning something about her, from the show to that college Game Day concept to Team USA.

Back