All-Star Anybody Who Went To Las Vegas Last Year In Dec??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mstealtoyou

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 16, 2009
I'm trying to decide whether to fly out Sunday night and fly all night or stay the night and fly out Monday. CP will be in Small Jr and Large Sr division. What time were awards for those teams?

I'm looking at a flight leaving 11:30 pm which means I'd have to check in by 10 pm. Is this feasible at all??

Hmmm I did not go last year but we went for years and normally everyone stays and we are on the west coast for travel so we had a little more flexibility. In the past the awards for bid teams was definetly later and I feel like you might feel rushed. I would stay over on sunday night for sure, there is so much to see and do that I would take that extra evening for some non cheer related stuff! Have fun!

We stay till Monday and just have to travel back to Arizona. The awards run all day but you never know when your division will be, I believe J5 was early but bids are pretty late. I remember last year a bunch of World Cup moms were on the phone changing flights during the awards. Not sure if that was because of weather or if they were going to miss the flight. The airport is really close to the strip so travel time is quick but I wouldn't risk it unless your flying Southwest and don't have a change fee! :)

Hmmm I did not go last year but we went for years and normally everyone stays and we are on the west coast for travel so we had a little more flexibility. In the past the awards for bid teams was definetly later and I feel like you might feel rushed. I would stay over on sunday night for sure, there is so much to see and do that I would take that extra evening for some non cheer related stuff! Have fun!

Thank you so much for that information. What would you suggest for 13 year old appropriate fun??

We stay till Monday and just have to travel back to Arizona. The awards run all day but you never know when your division will be, I believe J5 was early but bids are pretty late. I remember last year a bunch of World Cup moms were on the phone changing flights during the awards. Not sure if that was because of weather or if they were going to miss the flight. The airport is really close to the strip so travel time is quick but I wouldn't risk it unless your flying Southwest and don't have a change fee! :)

Thank you for your insight!! This is all new for me.......and travel from Vegas to NC is time consuming. I'm a night owl and prefer to do things like drive, fly etc in the middle of the night. With flight time and loosing 3 hours coming home it will make for a long day on Monday starting at the crack of dawn. LOL And even when I'm to my destination airport another 1 1/2 hour drive home.

Also will definitely check Southwest!!

I flew out on Monday. Could have left Sunday night. The comp was small last year.

Thank you for your insight!! This is all new for me.......and travel from Vegas to NC is time consuming. I'm a night owl and prefer to do things like drive, fly etc in the middle of the night. With flight time and loosing 3 hours coming home it will make for a long day on Monday starting at the crack of dawn. LOL And even when I'm to my destination airport another 1 1/2 hour drive home.
Hopefully you have a straight through flight!! That is a long way to go!! I perfer night travel as well, seems to make everything quicker! Good Luck in all your planning and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions I would be happy to help!!

Hopefully you have a straight through flight!! That is a long way to go!! I perfer night travel as well, seems to make everything quicker! Good Luck in all your planning and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions I would be happy to help!!

Oh I would love to do that if you really mean it. LOL I will do that next week. Thank you for the offer!!!

Thank you so much for that information. What would you suggest for 13 year old appropriate fun??

New York new York has coaster and video games, next to MGM there's the m&m factory also a big arcade next to that, circus circus has a big adventure dome with rides, games, stratosphere also. Free shows at cesars palace, belagio water fountain, treasure island show, mirage volcanic explosion.

I could be wrong ( im getting old lol ) but i think everything was wrapped up before dinner.
For some reason I remember them being done competing before dinner, we went to eat and came back for awards. My memory is not what it used to be.. lol.. The biggest thing I remember, some years being at awards till 11 or so, you just never know at this comp. If I book the hotel for Sunday night they are done early, if I don't and plan on driving home they go late.. Never fails!! ;) lol

For some reason I remember them being done competing before dinner, we went to eat and came back for awards. My memory is not what it used to be.. lol.. The biggest thing I remember, some years being at awards till 11 or so, you just never know at this comp. If I book the hotel for Sunday night they are done early, if I don't and plan on driving home they go late.. Never fails!! ;) lol

That's how my luck runs as well!!! LOL Thank you WCMAN and AZCheerMom!!!

(Keep the ideas coming...I will be referring to this thread as I get closer to Dec! Can't wait to do some fun things with my CP)

Back