All-Star Anyone Else Notice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One competition there wasnt even a full mat to warm up on. For tumbling there was one strip and it was just a mat, no springs or anything. and it was in a wall ball room (a white room with no windows) then to warm up the routine there was 3 strips of mat and it was in the same place you compete. The only thing separating was a curtain. it was horrible

for the team i coach, at a local comp this past year, there was a small room, probably the size of a normal classroom, that was the warm up room. it had a crappy blue mat, the ceiling was maybe 10 feet, so we couldn't do any of our stunts, and there wasnt enough room to tumble. these girls were throwing layouts, whip layouts, tucks, bhs, ect, and they couldnt warm them up, and they were mostly 12 year olds who needed to warm them up. they only warmed up standing tumbling, which was better than nothing, but most of them ended up throwing the skill lower, so the girls with layouts through tucks, ect. stunts were ok in the end, but overall, this was just a matter of safety. cheerleaders are supposed to be warming up all of their skills before they compete them. someone could have gotten hurt, and it was not ok that this comp did not provide the proper equipment for the girls to safely warm up their skills.

lets just say that competition producer got a strongly worded email from our organization.... and a proper warm up mat will be provided next year :)

no you must understood me i said tht crappy warm up strips gets onmy nerves
What?? You're confusing me (and I'm sure others, too). You said they get on your nerves, then posted a video of GA Heat at Cheersport last year...

no opps tht i see tht was supposed to be my sig but the site it will put it up then take it down sorry for confusion

Back