All-Star Anyone Having Trouble Getting Released From Their Old Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do you know crooked gym owners arent making up charges?

I quoted the USA Swimming transfer rules earlier - basically, the only way your old club can contest a transfer is to initiate or prove that they've initiated collections proceedings. If that rule was in place here, I can't imagine that gym owners would actually initiate such proceedings without proof.

But if we're talking about Worlds' teams only , then you know what? I'm not all that worked up about the idea of saying that once you compete in a Worlds-eligible division for a team you can't compete for another Worlds-eligible team from another gym for that season without a release. You could compete somewhere else (senior 4, senior open 5) on the 90-day rule I'd proposed earlier.

My biggest concern is about propagation of the Worlds' rule to lower levels, which I think would be a chaotic mess.

Everyone feels sorry for the kid who can't get released. You say, "we just want to go to Worlds!" etc. etc. etc. What about the 19 other kids on their former team who are now struggling to find athletes because a few jumped ship mid season. Don't you think their dream is to go to Worlds too?

that comes down to what you are doing to these kids for them to just quite on you. . . out of the blue also that is why some teams have altner to other teams. . . . My thing is this if its money yes pay it. . . if its just because that kid doesnt want to be with that program oh well let them go there not coming back . . . . I know several gyms that dont even have this issue but I see this is becoming a better issue for teams that are closer together like Twist and Shout and Tribe California All-Stars, Nor Cali, Cheer Force and Texas Team

Probably, but I don't have a good solution for the time & money thing...I really hope this conversation will continue to generate ideas.

Mandatory registration with USASF to compete at any affiliated events. $25 Annual membership per cheerleader will generate enough revenue to enforce the rules, have an appeals process, have a USASF "steward" at each comp to ensure proper deductions are taken/rules are followed (had no idea this was an issue until a few weeks ago) and so much more! I would be more than happy to pay membership fees if the money was used to further evolve cheering into an organized sport!

Mandatory registration with USASF to compete at any affiliated events. $25 Annual membership per cheerleader will generate enough revenue to enforce the rules, have an appeals process, have a USASF "steward" at each comp to ensure proper deductions are taken/rules are followed (had no idea this was an issue until a few weeks ago) and so much more! I would be more than happy to pay membership fees if the money was used to further evolve cheering into an organized sport!

You, me, and the other 20,000 people on here too.

My daughter was a gymnast before she was a cheerleader. The USAG fee was about $100 and that started as soon as they were old enough to compete, 6 years old. I paid every year and never questioned it.

I was told by a reliable source, that the USASF only gets just under $5.00 out of the $25. About $20 of it goes to elsewhere. It is my speculation that is why SOOOO MANY teams get to go to Worlds with an At-Large - That is how USASF makes money.

My daughter was a gymnast before she was a cheerleader. The USAG fee was about $100 and that started as soon as they were old enough to compete, 6 years old. I paid every year and never questioned it.

Currently $54
Maybe your gym hiked up the fee to include their registration fees.

yes I agree, to give 100% power to a gym owner without any appeal possible is just dumb

sadly...usasf is demanding a release even when there is no parental permission to the gym or the comp....it's just insane!!! and the stories of craziness continue:) there are lots of them:(

I was told by a reliable source, that the USASF only gets just under $5.00 out of the $25. About $20 of it goes to elsewhere. It is my speculation that is why SOOOO MANY teams get to go to Worlds with an At-Large - That is how USASF makes money.
well if they dont hav the money for an appeals process than they should not hav the rule

Oh goody! Someone found this one... :rolleyes:

But since it's baaaaack...I have to ask: WHEN the heck was the rule introduced? Does anyone actually know? This thread says Oct. 29, the other thread said November, and the people from the world famous "Gym B" swear it wasn't until January.

Just-a-Mom said:
Oh goody! Someone found this one... :rolleyes:

But since it's baaaaack...I have to ask: WHEN the heck was the rule introduced? Does anyone actually know? This thread says Oct. 29, the other thread said November, and the people from the world famous "Gym B" swear it wasn't until
January.[/QUOTE

Nobobody really knows except USASF the date I used in November coincided with a thread that was made that day by McLovin where she brought up that this was a new rule and found it on the USASF website as for how long it had been there I don't think anyone knows.

Back