All-Star Anyone Having Trouble Getting Released From Their Old Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe a full paid balance and request for release by January 31 or something

Can't make people pay unless you send collections after them. THAT is opening a whole can of worms.

The reason I suggested worlds eligible is there doesnt seem to be a lot of contesting mini 1 kids jumping around.

I'm sorry but if my child starts at a gym and things are fine and then I find out that shady things are going on that can put my child in danger and that owner will not release them how am I suppose to just suck it up and take it because I signed with the gym to begin with?

You can do your research on a gym for a year and think it is perfect, heck you can be part of that gym for several years, and then one day you notice things that are going on off the mat that involve owners, coaches, and possibly athletes. I'm sorry but if I were a parent there is no way I would take it lightly if someone told me to suck it up and deal with it.

As I have said this rule is a good step in the right direction but much more work needs done to it. They have someone who can check out the legality of things, why can they not have someone who can check on ethics of coaches and their reasoning for not releasing at athlete. If it is a good reason it would be a quick answer for the USASF to decline the appeal, but if there is more to it, it is only fair to that athlete who is a PAYING customer to have their case looked into.

I think a lot of people are for this rule, but if they had a child or were an athlete that was being refused a release for something stupid I am sure the feelings would change (not saying it would for all but I would guess many would).

That's
Can't make people pay unless you send collections after them. THAT is opening a whole can of worms.

The reason I suggested worlds eligible is there doesnt seem to be a lot of contesting mini 1 kids jumping around.
That's the thing....no money...no release

I'm sorry but if my child starts at a gym and things are fine and then I find out that shady things are going on that can put my child in danger and that owner will not release them how am I suppose to just suck it up and take it because I signed with the gym to begin with?

You can do your research on a gym for a year and think it is perfect, heck you can be part of that gym for several years, and then one day you notice things that are going on off the mat that involve owners, coaches, and possibly athletes. I'm sorry but if I were a parent there is no way I would take it lightly if someone told me to suck it up and deal with it.

As I have said this rule is a good step in the right direction but much more work needs done to it. They have someone who can check out the legality of things, why can they not have someone who can check on ethics of coaches and their reasoning for not releasing at athlete. If it is a good reason it would be a quick answer for the USASF to decline the appeal, but if there is more to it, it is only fair to that athlete who is a PAYING customer to have their case looked into.

I think a lot of people are for this rule, but if they had a child or were an athlete that was being refused a release for something stupid I am sure the feelings would change (not saying it would for all but I would guess many would).

Just cause you are a paying customer does not give you the right to do something. Just because you go to a restaurant and pay for a meal does not mean you have the right to run around disrupting other peoples meals . If you dont like the way you were treated at that restaurant you can leave and never return.

The thing is sometimes the threat of consequences will keep people in line, as long as you are willing to follow through when it matters.

Next year if the rule didnt change how many athletes do you think this rule would wrongfully prevent from transferring? How many do you think it would keep in place that would have transferred in the first place?

Just cause you are a paying customer does not give you the right to do something. Just because you go to a restaurant and pay for a meal does not mean you have the right to run around disrupting other peoples meals . If you dont like the way you were treated at that restaurant you can leave and never return.

No- but I can go eat at the restaurant next door tomorrow - I do not have to wait til next season to eat in a restaurant again.

It also doesn't cost 3-5 thousand for music, choreography, and coaching to make your meal.

Increase in value increase in punishment.

I definitely think a rule was needed. But I'm worried this went from 100% athlete in control to 100% gym in control. I don't have a good answer that could be implemented without an appeals process that would be way too expensive. But discussions like this might prompt a reasonable suggestion.

How about a mediator?

Research will only get you so far. The teams and comps a gym went to last year may not be the ones they have next season. The teams they form and the comps they give you for the new season fall apart.

Agreed! I can think of two instances where this could give a gym the upper hand when they shouldn't have it.

1) Inappropriate coach/athlete relationships/behavior.
2) Unethical practices specific to recruiting.

I knew that would be the answer but doesn't this kind of rule require at least this to be enforced properly?

Probably, but I don't have a good solution for the time & money thing...I really hope this conversation will continue to generate ideas.

Probably, but I don't have a good solution for the time & money thing...I really hope this conversation will continue to generate ideas.

Its crazy how details can keep us from pushing this sport to a higher level. Les can be the mediator right?;)

Back