All-Star Apple On Top Gun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

top gun is an amazing program, so i dont blame the kid for wanting to cheer there, however i do find it odd for him wanting to be on IO5, mainly cause im surprised they still have an open spot this far into the season. and yeah i would find it odd, having to compete that routine if i wasnt from the program before.
Omar was well respected and so is Top Gun. I am sure it is an honor to Apple to be able to honor Omar's memory. All of those larger teams know each other. I think he will be an asset to Top Gun.

OO5 has a waiting list of like 12 people, how is it possible for him to just be on the team? and Apple is 19 by the way.. it says so on his instagram.

Are you at Top Gun or is this word of mouth? This is very contradictory to what I have heard (in response to my comment on this thread) by a Top Gun athlete.

To add, I'm not saying for certain there is no waiting list to be on OO5, I'm just hearing conflicting things and I'm curious to know what is backing that statement.

bottom line, he isn't released, he must be going for other reasons, plus top gun already has their full paid bid correct, was he an alternate, doubtful...anywho, the weather is really nice out today :)

bottom line, he isn't released, he must be going for other reasons, plus top gun already has their full paid bid correct, was he an alternate, doubtful...anywho, the weather is really nice out today :)
Even though the release may be in question I was under the impression that you are allowed to sub a certain number of athletes, even if they were not on your actual sub roster.

Even though the release may be in question I was under the impression that you are allowed to sub a certain number of athletes, even if they were not on your actual sub roster.

almost positive you are correct, if that person competed on a team from the program that received the bid, can't just pick outta the crowd like we do bubble gum at the grocery store.

almost positive you are correct, if that person competed on a team from the program that received the bid, can't just pick outta the crowd like we do bubble gum at the grocery store.
TopGun has another competition at COA in orlando they usually go to. Also, according to worlds rules, an alternate only has to be a registered athlete of the gym, does not specify anything regarding competitions with the team or program.

And wasn't he competing on a senior team that was exhibitioning? Or did he later compete on an open team. Would he need released for that since it wasn't technically "competing" with them?

You can have up to 10 alternates. 7 must have been competing with the gym when you got the bid, but up to 3 can come from somewhere else.

Well, when you age out of one program and another falls to shreds you're not really a gym hopper.

He's not going to Trinity then going across the country...
Well, when you age out of one program and another falls to shreds you're not really a gym hopper.

He's not going to Trinity then going across the country...
Wow! Really? Ugh

Back