All-Star April 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This question isn't meant to be presented as accusatory - I'm genuinely curious. Would all organized sports' governing body (youth, college or professional) look the other way if such pictures were to surface?
No absolutely not. That was not okay for them to EVER take a picture or to be doing this under 18.

This question isn't meant to be presented as accusatory - I'm genuinely curious. Would all organized sports' governing body (youth, college or professional) look the other way if such pictures were to surface?
I don't know the answer to that but cheer is different than soccer, lacrosse, football etc. Someone could be seriously injured or worse .... there is no room to be chemically impaired while performing.

I'm just confused as to why they decided to share the picture to social media...
I just don't get it. I see this kind of thing a lot from my peers. I can't imagine posting something like that (mainly becasue my parents would kill me) I feel bad for the team though having to make last minute changes but they did great last weekend.

I think it depends on the program and who's being accussed. College wise I could think of a few programs who would go to the ends of the earth to protect their star player... Heck I could think of a few high school sports teams who've been in the news who have gone to great lengths to cover their dirty tracks.

Umm FYI, I lived in Cali at 19 and no you don't. Also people with medical cards still smoke from bongs. I'm in no way saying it's okay, but I also want to make sure what we're saying is correct. Some things have negative connotations to them, but they might not necessarily be as bad as it's made out to be. Pictures of said events are never okay, but you can get a medical card at 18, and people still do all forms of doing it not just vaporizorss. Sorry if that too much.

i agree that there are phsyicians/dispensaries who/that will let you in and buy if you are 18. however, they are the rarity, at least where i am at. im in irvine, on the border of santa ana. there are probably 20 shops and 40 delivery services within a 5 mile radius and just about every one is 21+, so i don't blame people for thinking that 21+ is the norm, it really is. 18+ is rare around here.

I think it depends on the program and who's being accussed. College wise I could think of a few programs who would go to the ends of the earth to protect their star player... Heck I could think of a few high school sports teams who've been in the news who have gone to great lengths to cover their dirty tracks.
I'm not referring to the team the player is affiliated with but rather the governing body (i.e. NCAA, NFL, USA Gymnastics, etc).

i think it depends on how much heat they expect to take. in general, i think most people/organizations these days don't give a damn about weed, even when they're against it, but still have to pretend like its a big deal when a scandal happens, for PR/PC/$ reasons.

the last thing ill say is this... id never want anything dumb that i did at 18/19/20-years-old to define who i was/am. im glad pocket cameras/video recorders weren't a big thing back then. people shouldn't hold those years against themselves but should definitely learn from them.

Setting aside the "this is California and it's legal" part.

You are 18 or 19 and choose to smoke.

That is all well and good but as a parent (my son is little and not cheering so all hypothetical), n o one signed up for or consented to their minor child either basing or being based by someone who got high during a comp weekend.

If you were high and my kid's stunt had an issue that resulted in an injury, we are going to have issues.

...not courtroom issues, either.

Setting aside the "this is California and it's legal" part.

You are 18 or 19 and choose to smoke.

That is all well and good but as a parent (my son is little and not cheering so all hypothetical), n o one signed up for or consented to their minor child either basing or being based by someone who got high during a comp weekend.

If you were high and my kid's stunt had an issue that resulted in an injury, we are going to have issues.

...not courtroom issues, either.

"If you make a legal but poor choice as a child and it leads to my kid getting injured I'll make an even poorer choice that actually is illegal and assault you"

That makes sense...

Back