Are Hair Extensions Allowed?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 9, 2012
My team is competing at BCA University Nationals and it doesnt strictly say no hair extensions it says all "hair devices" must be appropriate and secure, however they are all going to have hair up but one or two girls have very short hair and wanted to use extensions so they dont look like the odd ones out, what do you think? thankss = )

I think it would be ok, people in my squad have worn hair extensions at bca competitions before, without them being tied up and there was no problem so I cant imagine there would be with having them tied up, you probably won't be able to tell :)

OK are we talking clip-ins or pony tails that may fall to the floor or weaves here? If you secure it right and cover it, I don't see how it would matter anyway. I think that is like saying no enhanced body parts for a Ms. America pageant. We all know they aren't all natural. The pony tail falling on the cheer floor is just wrong - but the nicely kept weave or braids help the overall look of the team. Even glue or infusing ... I dont believe they work for everyone but hey - I dont see what the big deal is all long as it is in good taste and doesn't interfere with the sport.

OK are we talking clip-ins or pony tails that may fall to the floor or weaves here? If you secure it right and cover it, I don't see how it would matter anyway. I think that is like saying no enhanced body parts for a Ms. America pageant. We all know they aren't all natural. The pony tail falling on the cheer floor is just wrong - but the nicely kept weave or braids help the overall look of the team. Even glue or infusing ... I dont believe they work for everyone but hey - I dont see what the big deal is all long as it is in good taste and doesn't interfere with the sport.
CAn i get a shimmy?

My team is competing at BCA University Nationals and it doesnt strictly say no hair extensions it says all "hair devices" must be appropriate and secure, however they are all going to have hair up but one or two girls have very short hair and wanted to use extensions so they dont look like the odd ones out, what do you think? thankss = )
Maybe email the BCA just to check, but like Anna-grace our squad members have worn them before, but as far as I can remember, it was just for their trio and dance perforamce. I can't remember wearing them for the main cheer routine :) Also long as it doesn't fall out, it should be fine :)

some of the girls on my team wear them. they put them in, put their hair up and curl them. we have never had any problems with them.

I'd say it's perfectly ok. I've seen loads of people compete with hair extensions in. Just make sure they tie them up nicely so you can't see the clips because I always think that looks sort of tacky :/

thanks everyone! yeah they would be clip in ones so can be hidden, i'm just nervous about breaking any rules as it's my first comp and thought id see what other teams did = ) thanks again xxx

Back