All-Star Are Some Cheer Parents Just Too Much?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

YES Im sure everyone on the boards will agree, yes there are plenty of amazing and dedicated cheer moms, but on the flipside there are also a ton of crazy, overbearing cheer moms. One of my biggest pert peeves is when a parent forces their child into the sport, not because the child enjoys it but because they are living vicariously through them.

Yes. I was the team mom for my daughter's team again this year, and I had one that was so bad I almost quit. I can handle a lot of grief from people (I am the front desk manager in a doctor's office- 'nuff said) but this was positively overwhelming. I had a post a week or so about this in another thread. As a parent, the over-the-top parents can really take the joy out of the sport for us. Our season ended so I had to move my 4 y.o. daughter's tumbling class, and come to find out it is the same time as the above mentioned parent's little princess's tumbling class. I make my 8 y.o. go with me every week now since she won't talk all the junk in front of her that she will when cp isn't there with me. It is really almost tragic how these people don't realize that their insanity affects people around them.

Are some _____ parents just too much?

I think you could put about any sport in this...
Any sport? Try parents in GENERAL..I keep hearing stories about 'helicopter parents' and how some colleges had to TRICK the parents into leaving Orientation, otherwise they would be stuck to the kids like glue.

Latest posts

Back