OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The Olympics is pretty much the only reason I'm happy that I haven't found a job yet haha. Even if I found one soon, I don't think I'd be starting that quickly.

Yeah originally I was going to take off the first week of Olympics and then quit my job

But then one day two weeks ago I had enough and walked into HR and quit that day (side note a fortune teller in New Orleans told me to quit my job back in May ) and less than two days later I interviewed and was hired at a job. Huge blessing, I'm super grateful and thankful. But the childish part of me is like "but the 'lympics [emoji30]"

If this had been London, Beijing etc it would have been perfect because everything would have fallen during my 3 week vacation

Just another reason why Rio shouldn't have been the host city

I was going through setting my Dvr for the tv coverage but avoiding spoilers will be a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. Anybody else struggling with a 3pm competition time for gymnastics next week.

Aug 8 is my first day of work (I'm now a school librarian) So if this had been any other week I would have gotten to sit around and watch the live stream [emoji30]. I'm hoping the schools like "work 7-2:45!" But I doubt

What school? My boss is on vacation next week and she couldn't have planned this any better.

Thankfully she's a big Olympics fan too and would probably let me stream anyway. But now that's shes out of the office I can dip out a little early on Tuesday and Thursday for the women's team and AA. The men I'll just stream at work.

The 1 p.m. event finals the follow week are a little more problematic.

What school? My boss is on vacation next week and she couldn't have planned this any better.

Thankfully she's a big Olympics fan too and would probably let me stream anyway. But now that's shes out of the office I can dip out a little early on Tuesday and Thursday for the women's team and AA. The men I'll just stream at work.

The 1 p.m. event finals the follow week are a little more problematic.

St. Andrews.

I remember streaming at work during London but students weren't back yet (I worked at a college) and it was peaceful. Streaming at a public library would not have worked since everyone is so friggin needy and annoying

I'm hoping I'll get out right at 3 and make it home by 3:15. I'm thinking there is some leeway (unless I'm reading the schedule wrong). It says that the session starts at 4 (rio time... Why do they have to be an hr ahead. Why?) but the actual apparatus always have 4:30 start times and it's consistently that way in some schedules ive seen. I'm hoping there's 30 mins of intro and fluff and warmup

Currently rewatching the men's Olympic trials because NBCS is re airing it. In 10'mins I'm going to watch John Orozco come out of that room in tears

And I know how the story ends [emoji30][emoji20]

Will they be replaying the events that happened during the day later in the night or no?
I'm not sure whether people who live in the U.S. will have access to the LIVE Olympics stream hosted by the Olympic YouTube channel, but that's how I was able to follow London 2012. Their stream quality is really solid and you can watch any of the sporting events that are happening. They allow playbacks, even when the stream is still going on (I didn't want any spoilers so when I actually had the time to watch I would start from the beginning, skip through any breaks (rotation change) and sometimes even catch up to the present point in the stream).

I'm moving on the 7th and the cable/internet guy BETTER be there first thing in the morning on the 8th.....

Currently rewatching the men's Olympic trials because NBCS is re airing it. In 10'mins I'm going to watch John Orozco come out of that room in tears

And I know how the story ends [emoji30][emoji20]

My tweet from four years ago yesterday.
CoxYvfkXYAAGqct.jpg:large

I'm entering the five stages of grief all over again.

Yes, in primetime coverage.

Gracias!! :) I asumed they would but I couldn't find it on the website (I also didn't look too hard because their website isn't as user friendly as I wanted it to be...)

This makes everything better. I'll be driving back to NY to my friends house as AA womens finals are happening and I was so scared I was going to miss it all. I hope my friend is ready to be forced to watch it with me when I get there that night!

People here may have little interest, but just putting this on here:
Гимнаст сборной РФ Стретович заменит Игнатьева в основном составе на ОИ – Родионенко | Спортивная гимнастика | Рио-2016 на Р-Спорте
Russia's MAG team swapped out Nikita Ignatyev for Ivan Stretovich (one of the traveling alternates) on the basis that Stretovich has "been showing a higher level of training". Which means, Ignatyev had to immediately pack up his things and vacate the premise of the Olympic village. Ouch...

I remember during Worlds 2014 Vladislav Polyashov (their other current traveling alternate) bombed in qualifications, they had him sent home the next day... wasn't even allowed to stay on to cheer on his teammates.

Back