OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The livestream was a mess this morning. I gave up.

Yes for Kyla Ross coming back in the 4th rotation and taking bronze! I believe she was 5th after then 3rd rotation

Yes for Simone Biles

1. Biles
2. Iordache
3. Ross
4. Mustafina

And yes for another monochromatic podium :D.
The stream was better during the 4th rotation. It would have been a shame to miss all these rough performances... Biles was as impressive as always though !

ETA : Why do they cut the US anthem short ???

Last edited:
So happy for Simone, Larisa, and Kyla! Especially Larisa because it's great to see her on the AA podium for the first time!

First time I've properly watched Larissa and loved it!
Although she was a clear winner, it was so great to see Simone quite closely contested for the gold by Larissa!

First time I've properly watched Larissa and loved it!
Although she was a clear winner, it was so great to see Simone quite closely contested for the gold by Larissa!

Larissa's round off full on beam - wow - I told my CP about that and she was just amazed
that someone could do that (my CP is extremely impressed w/ two foot tumbling on beam, and views any tumbling out of just a round off extremely difficult).

I thought the most interesting thing about the AA competition was that Larissa actually was within the range of possibly beating Simone - Larissa had a big bobble and a missed connection on beam (he score was like a 15.1 this morning when she had a 15.5 in the team), and then she went out of bounds on floor. Had those two things not happened - like if her beam was cleaner and she had stayed in bounds on that floor pass, she would have won the gold. Simone had just some minor shakes on beam, but besides for that she was perfect, so it wasn't like her score was watered down.

That Claudia girl from GB has the coolest floor routine - I loved it. I hope the TV footage that is set to record on my DVR shows it so CP can see it.

Those China girls - I felt bad for them on floor.

Ok I couldn't watch until around 10, and as I logged in to stream the stupid twitter ticker on the side was like "BILES REPEATS" and I was like -______- I had cut myself off from all social media all morning only to have it ruined then.

Didn't know about silver and bronze though, and I am SO HAPPY. Those were the exact three I wanted to medal. I am really sad for Mustafina =(

That was probably Simone's worst day in a good while and she STILL a World Champ. Crazy.

Also please tell me yall saw Simone get chased by a bee from her flower bouquet...
BzmLmI9CUAALh9D.jpg:large

Also please tell me yall saw Simone get chased by a bee from her flower bouquet...
BzmLmI9CUAALh9D.jpg:large

Yes ! At first I was wondering why she was running around the podium like that. I realized it must have been a bee when she kept checking on the bouquet but keeping her distance at the same time. The freak out was funny.

That Claudia girl from GB has the coolest floor routine - I loved it. I hope the TV footage that is set to record on my DVR shows it so CP can see it.

I could watch her routine over and over! Loved her leo too.

This is the first time I've properly watched Simone Biles and I was blown away! Also love how she carries herself, she seems like a very sweet and modest girl.

Last edited:
Slept through emerging but the floor :( so sad but omg he podium was exactly what I wanted and Simone Simone what's left to say she beat everyone in her worst day this week minus bars which she performed really well. Even this far out I feel like the olympic team needs her. And Larissa so happy for her, the girl has been so unlucky in competition to finally see her medal in All around is joyous and
I second my favorite floor routine is definitely Claudia fragapane! Fun to watch

I'm not a fan of Larisa's floor routine. She's just so bouncy…
You know, that kind of stuck out to me too. I am a HUGE fan on her on beam though. She never stops moving and doesn't appear to hesitate at all. She looks so confident up there.

Mustafina is going to be out for blood in event finals. Anyone waking up at 1am to watch? haha

Tonight is men's floor, pommel and rings and women's vault and bars. Here's the start list:
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Results/w_14worlds_startevents1.pdf

I'm going to try to watch... but like... I don't want to see the men's events. Not at 1am. Just show vault and bars and then do that other stuff after....Ladies first.

I like men's gymnastics okay...but I also have an aversion to it because of the Hamm twins... there was something about them...I can't put my finger on it...but no to them both.

It'll be 7 AM here, so I could get up and watch. Still considering my options though, because getting up that early on a saturday just doesn't feel right... I like gymnastics but I also like to sleep in on the week ends.

Back