OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've crunched the numbers and scores for this year and I think the best team is
Simone, Aly, Gabby, Laurie, Madison/Ashton.

Ashton beam scores this year are actually a little better than Madison but they're so similar I think it's a toss up and its between whoever Marta likes best. As for Maggie is she comes out better or just as good as before knee injury then she could replace Laurie but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit, I am still scratching my head over that Ragan Smith's beads incentives... My daughter and I were totally weird out by this news. I truly think, Ragan, definitely do not socialize with same aged peers and must be home schooled...Kim Zmeskal, her coach, really embarrassed her athlete and Marta might not look favorably on this athlete, after hearing and seeing those beads... I thought, if Marta must choose between her and another gymnast for that last spot on the team...This athlete's maturity have been questioned by this incentive plan...
PS:
Tbh, I immediately thought about my 7-8 year old daughter being excited about getting stickers when she was doing gymnastic, her coaches used to give those things out for completing a skill or practice...I think, the coaches stopped doing those things after 9 y.o.

The beads were a bit much considering it's a 15 yr old girl. But, whatever works I guess. I think even on Gabby's worst days, she's better than 95% of the gymnasts out there. Barring a major issue, she makes the team. I think what I want most is for her to find the fun in gymnastics again. That's the big difference from 4 years ago. Last quad, it was fun. This quad, it's been work. I understand her wanting to prove everyone wrong, and in my opinion, she has, just by being as good as she has been. If she can find her way to being her best again, this will be a very special Olympics.

Armour: Little drama in picking women's gymnastics team for Rio Olympics

Looks like it will be Biles, Raisman, Douglas, Hernandez, and Kocian unless something crazy happens at Trials.

Also, Gabby got 5th at Nationals last year and 2nd at Worlds so I think she'll be just fine. She doesn't need to be happy and smiley all the time. She almost always underperforms at Nationals and then brings it when it truly matters.

Looks like it will be Biles, Raisman, Douglas, Hernandez, and Kocian unless something crazy happens at Trials.

Also, Gabby got 5th at Nationals last year and 2nd at Worlds so I think she'll be just fine. She doesn't need to be happy and smiley all the time. She almost always underperforms at Nationals and then brings it when it truly matters.

I'd be okay with that team

I must admit, I am still scratching my head over that Ragan Smith's beads incentives... My daughter and I were totally weird out by this news. I truly think, Ragan, definitely do not socialize with same aged peers and must be home schooled...Kim Zmeskal, her coach, really embarrassed her athlete and Marta might not look favorably on this athlete, after hearing and seeing those beads... I thought, if Marta must choose between her and another gymnast for that last spot on the team...This athlete's maturity have been questioned by this incentive plan...
PS:
Tbh, I immediately thought about my 7-8 year old daughter being excited about getting stickers when she was doing gymnastic, her coaches used to give those things out for completing a skill or practice...I think, the coaches stopped doing those things after 9 y.o.
Then last night he called out the discussion surrounding the beads and was like "don't worry yall, we got them from her coach Kim". Like, I don't think the concern was where she got the beads....

I think Hernandez is going to be the one who does awesome and surprised everyone!! Love her on floor!!

Then last night he called out the discussion surrounding the beads and was like "don't worry yall, we got them from her coach Kim". Like, I don't think the concern was where she got the beads....

the beads thing is just so bizarre. I wouldn't trust her in Rio.

But also she thought she was 5'6

I think she's probably treated like a little girl, so mentally she probably is a little girl

But also she thought she was 5'6

Sent didn't m my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is just possible this is not Kim Zmeskal's athlete... Now come to think of it, didn't Bela used to carry Kim around like a 7 year old and probably gave her stickers and beads too...That is probably why Marta stepped in to take over the training the athletes on the Ranch....haha!

The beads are a bit bizarre but then again Chellsie Memmels dad was giving her stickers for good workouts at age 20. I guess whatever works also Kim used the hashtag #biggirlsgymnastics for Ragan on her Instagram I found that slightly odd. I kind of partially get the feeling this has more to do with Kim than anything. I might be wrong about that though.

Back