OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mustafina's FX at Russian nationals. Hopefully she'll get her floor routine Rio ready soon...

Romanian Nationals Finals
Going to be sharing the better of the two performances (if they qualified for EF) from this weekend.

Catalina Ponor:
Vault (AA/TF)

Balance Beam (EF)

Floor (EF)

Last edited:
Larisa Iordache:
Vault (AA/TF)

Uneven Bars (AA/TF)

Balance Beam (AA/TF)

Floor (AA/TF)

It looked like she was in pain after completing her UB EF routine...

Last edited:
Ioana Crimson:
Uneven Bars (EF, pretty sure she scored better in AA/TF but no recording)

Balance Beam (AA/TF)

Floor (EF)

Other notable performances this weekend...
Angelina Melnikova - Balance Beam (Russian Cup EF)

Lilia Akhaimova - Floor (Russian Cup EF)

With regards to Afanasyeva, the doctor who she's been consulting in Germany will be flying over to Russia to check up on the recovery of her ankle. If she's good to go then she'll only be training and performing her floor routine (according to Valentina Rodionenko, so I'd take that with a grain of salt).

Oksana Chusovitina - Vault (Mersin World Cup EF)

She upgraded her second vault - Tsukahara entry into a laid out double twist (6.0). She's definitely in contention for a vault medal now...

F.Y.I, Mersin World Cup also marks the last artistic gymnastics world cup event until the Olympics... we're that much closer.

London Open (serves as a second Olympic trials for team GB) also happened this past weekend, some unexpected results with Daniel Purvis not having such a good day (really bad time to have a bad day) and Louis Smith falling of on pommel horse... again.

tumblr_o9p6e9f15e1u3lcwfo1_1280.jpg

All I can say is, good luck to the selection committee... they have their work cute out for them.

OMG Ms. Oksana Chusovitina working those two beautiful vaults. Ugh AMAZING! At her age, she's still able to produce such difficult vaults. She could easily take home an olympic medal if she'll stuck the landing cold on that Produnova HANDS DOWN. Her double tsuk has good form IMO. I wonder if she'll do a Rudi instead of that Tsukahara in Rio. Can't believe this will be her 7th games. What a woman!

At this point I'll be compulsively rooting for her to get gold or at least medal like I did with BSB. If she doesn't I'll be very disappointed.

Last edited:
Simone's coach tweeting videos of skills she has but won't compete. Ughhh I wish. Not that she needs to up any scores and one of her tweets even says "Simone likes her ACLs." Smart gymnastics is a good choice.

She is amazing and is going to kill it with routines she has now! Can't wait
To watch all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather see her stick all her landings on floor than see her compete all those difficult skills. D scores are important but so are the E scores

This is so tragic... if you've ever heard commentary by the BBC or F.I.G. chances are you know how he sounds like; he has literally been the voice of artistic gymnastics for decades:
veox8l.jpg

Did she do a bar routine in qualification? Or were these 3 events all she did?
Quoting you again because in light of some new information, she actually did have an UB routine prepared. Unfortunately, due to the sudden illness she experienced, she decided against competing it at Nationals just to be safe. I'd take that with a grain of salt, the gymnternet has known to be misleading.

Simone's coach tweeting videos of skills she has but won't compete. Ughhh I wish. Not that she needs to up any scores and one of her tweets even says "Simone likes her ACLs." Smart gymnastics is a good choice.

And then some day, when an even better gymnast comes along (doubtful that will happen before she retires because she's just that good though) she can put these in if need be.

And then some day, when an even better gymnast comes along (doubtful that will happen before she retires because she's just that good though) she can put these in if need be.
She's retiring from gymnastics right after Rio (last I heard)... so she'll probably never need them, ever.

Back