OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is so tragic... if you've ever heard commentary by the BBC or F.I.G. chances are you know how he sounds like; he has literally been the voice of artistic gymnastics for decades:
veox8l.jpg

Quoting you again because in light of some new information, she actually did have an UB routine prepared. Unfortunately, due to the sudden illness she experienced, she decided against competing it at Nationals just to be safe. I'd take that with a grain of salt, the gymnternet has known to be misleading.

Omg no Mitch this is really sad. He was my favorite gymnastic commentator. He was the director of the men's Dutch team as well. Great loss. My heart goes out to his family and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's retiring from gymnastics right after Rio (last I heard)... so she'll probably never need them, ever.
I don't blame her for retiring. If she lives up to expectations, there won't be much left for her to accomplish. BUT, many olympians retire for a year or two and then come back and try to get back on the team, so we'll see.

I'd like her to go for one more World AA championship just for the he!! of it so she can have all 4 years of this olympic cycle. Though, I'd understand why she would retire.

I wonder if she'll end up coaching down the road at WCC since her parents own it and all... next Kim Zmeskal perhaps?

I've decided that my final guess at a team is

1. Simone
2. Aly
3. Gabby
4. Laurie
5. Madison

Alternates-- Ragan, Mykayla, Maggie

Pickin's are slim for AA alternates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like her to go for one more World AA championship just for the he!! of it so she can have all 4 years of this olympic cycle. Though, I'd understand why she would retire.

I wonder if she'll end up coaching down the road at WCC since her parents own it and all... next Kim Zmeskal perhaps?
She'll be attending UCLA starting in the fall, so, in terms of immediate future, I doubt it. Perhaps after she's done with university? Who knows?

U.S. Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Trials broadcast schedule – OlympicTalk

Olympic Trials broadcast schedule! USAG might be doing another international stream for those who don't have access to NBC/aren't in the US. If you are in the US, I think you need a VPN/proxy to watch the international stream.

@cheerKT I can't find any information about when PT is, but USAG said they will be uploading videos of it!

I'm so excited/nervous for this weekend! Can't wait to see who will be on the team, but I hate knowing that so many talented girls will be left off.

Ponor officially gets the spot over Iordache. Ponor is a beautiful gymnast but I can't help but be sad for Larisa. I am so torn.

Ponor was also elected to be the flag bearer for Romania for the Opening Ceremonies.
International Gymnast Magazine Online - Ponor to Carry Romanian Flag in Rio Opening Ceremonies
There seems to be some confusion... Ponor has only been nominated as a flag bearer (which she can be so even as an alternate) for the Olympic opening ceremony. The actual gymnastics federation of Romania hasn't released an official statement stating who they're going to pick as their sole WAG athlete yet. Both Ponor and Iordache still have two more friendly competitions to prove themselves, the federation has up to the two weeks right before the games to nominate the athlete.

ETA: Nevermind... just checked RGF's Facebook page, it's confirmed:
2nlbrxz.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be some confusion... Ponor has only been nominated as a flag bearer (which she can be so even as an alternate) for the Olympic opening ceremony. The actual gymnastics federation of Romania hasn't released an official statement stating who they're going to pick as their sole WAG athlete yet. Both Ponor and Iordache still have two more friendly competitions to prove themselves, the federation has up to the two weeks right before the games to nominate the athlete.
Mehhhhh I'll have a feeling they will give it to her anyway. I guess we'll see!

Back