OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is occur. I'm sure she's deleted it by now, but....
CnM68kZUMAAOuxf.jpg:large

Word on the street is she got in big trouble with USAG and is lucky to still be alternate. This isn't anything new though she's been a social media disaster since at least 2013. It's one of the many reasons why many people were not sad to see her not make the team. Ashton liked some stuff on Twitter that wasn't very nice I've been told but nothing to what MyKayla did. MyKayla's coach Lisa Spini has also been a pretty sore alternate coach retweeting nasty things about Gabby. There was no way they were going to put MyKayla on that team with both Simone and Aly if anyone should be mad it should be Ashton. MyKayla got 12th on bars and they have always been poor. I'm really sick of hearing MyKayla and her fans whine because her and Gabby are polar oppisites in strengths. Martha's made it very clear she doesn't want Simone doing bars in team final so they had to bring someone with a solid bars set.

Dont the alternates report back to the ranch to attend the same camp with the olympic team, leading up to before they leave for rio.?

I'm just noticing the emojis that accompany the tweet and I sincerely hope they don't mean what I interpret them to mean

I was on another board and saw some of her other tweet and deletes from earlier this year. I regret giving this heifer the benefit of the doubt.

She needs to go. Her and that coach. Bye. I wouldn't want their kind of mean at the Olympic training camp. Black, Latina, Jewish, Native American....there's a lot of diversity on that team and I wonder if Mykayla is as offensive in person as she's been in her tweets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just noticing the emojis that accompany the tweet and I sincerely hope they don't mean what I interpret them to mean

This has been a thing all over the tumblr gymnastic blogs and I HIGHLY doubt that person who tweeted it or Mykayla meant it as calling Gabby a monkey. People are over reacting and reading into things and stretching for more reasons to hate her because people are on a witch hunt.

That emoji is used all the time in situations that mirror this. The picture itself is in poor taste but I really dont think there's a hidden meaning in the emojis used.

I was on another board and saw some of her other tweet and deletes from earlier this year. I regret giving this heifer the benefit of the doubt.

She needs to go. Her and that coach. Bye. I wouldn't want their kind of mean at the Olympic training camp. Black, Latina, Jewish, Native American....there's a lot of diversity on that team and I wonder if Mykayla is as offensive in person as she's been in her tweets

I don't like her in the slightest and would not stand up for her... but that is my most used emoji.

Marta has very publicly stated that spot #5 was between Gabby and Ashton, so if ANYONE deserves to be a little bit salty, it's her. But yet she was still crying happy tears.

Is it too late to replace Mykayla with Maggie?

This has been a thing all over the tumblr gymnastic blogs and I HIGHLY doubt that person who tweeted it or Mykayla meant it as calling Gabby a monkey. People are over reacting and reading into things and stretching for more reasons to hate her because people are on a witch hunt.

That emoji is used all the time in situations that mirror this. The picture itself is in poor taste but I really dont think there's a hidden meaning in the emojis used.

Maybe. Maybe not. I know it wouldn't be the first time someone has used a monkey emoji in reference to Simone or Gabby, so I can certainly find it believable for someone to use it with malicious intent. But also I'm finished giving her the benefit of the doubt

And it's also unfortunate that in her apology she didn't apologize to her team and teammate

Isn't that emoji normally part of the 'hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil," saying?

Word on the street is she got in big trouble with USAG and is lucky to still be alternate. This isn't anything new though she's been a social media disaster since at least 2013. It's one of the many reasons why many people were not sad to see her not make the team. Ashton liked some stuff on Twitter that wasn't very nice I've been told but nothing to what MyKayla did. MyKayla's coach Lisa Spini has also been a pretty sore alternate coach retweeting nasty things about Gabby. There was no way they were going to put MyKayla on that team with both Simone and Aly if anyone should be mad it should be Ashton. MyKayla got 12th on bars and they have always been poor. I'm really sick of hearing MyKayla and her fans whine because her and Gabby are polar oppisites in strengths. Martha's made it very clear she doesn't want Simone doing bars in team final so they had to bring someone with a solid bars set.
I would have removed her from the team list and the ranch the minute I saw that tweet, particularly since it isn't the first time she has been a social media idiot.
And are we seriously even considering that the monkey emoji is racist because that is just ridiculous.

Isn't that emoji normally part of the 'hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil," saying?

If you use the three together then yeah I guess? But like a lot of emojis it has multiple meanings. I've used the emoji to mean "I can't believe that happened". Or "I didn't want to say it but it needed to be said". Or "awkward". Or "oh no". I've never seen it used it as "speak no evil" and I'm on the internet more than I'd like to admit.

Again though, I think its the majority of people looking for another reason to hate her. If you don't like her then that's fine. But there comes a point in internet witch hunts where people really make stretches to make someone look bad and to make them fit more into their "this person is the absolute worst" image of people they don't like. I think that's what's happening here. It'd be different if she used the straight up monkey emoji or a banana emoji. But she used a very popular emoji that has a monkey making an expression - an expression that's only available on the one emoji.

If you use the three together then yeah I guess? But like a lot of emojis it has multiple meanings. I've used the emoji to mean "I can't believe that happened". Or "I didn't want to say it but it needed to be said". Or "awkward". Or "oh no". I've never seen it used it as "speak no evil" and I'm on the internet more than I'd like to admit.

Again though, I think its the majority of people looking for another reason to hate her. If you don't like her then that's fine. But there comes a point in internet witch hunts where people really make stretches to make someone look bad and to make them fit more into their "this person is the absolute worst" image of people they don't like. I think that's what's happening here. It'd be different if she used the straight up monkey emoji or a banana emoji. But she used a very popular emoji that has a monkey making an expression - an expression that's only available on the one emoji.

Thanks for clarifying---I'm emoji-stupid and the only time I've seen it was in the saying. That makes sense tho.

are people really going that low and saying the monkey emoji is representing black people..... like i cant i just cant. Ive defended both sides of the fence when it comes to the problems in the world that we are facing, but for people to say using a monkey emoji is racist, is pathetic.
can we keep this on gymnastics please...

i really liked mykayla during trials and i honestly was bummed not to see her make it, and to be quite honest i had picked her over gabby. But i guess i can see why marta picked gabby, isnt bars the only event gabby essentially hit both days at trials???? and maybe thats the only event marta cared to see her hit, simply cause that might be her only role being on the team, who knows.

Back