OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I read that Gabby isn't personally going on social media right now and she has someone posting her promos that she is required. She needs to focus on her training and not on social media.

Also, I read all of the olympic leos are US colors this year, no pink at all.

As for the Magnificent 7 leos, they were 1996 appropriate and they were better then some of the other leos out there in that time. Also, what a more amazing thing then to wear the flag while representing the US in the US with your first gold medal.

I read that Gabby isn't personally going on social media right now and she has someone posting her promos that she is required. She needs to focus on her training and not on social media.

Also, I read all of the olympic leos are US colors this year, no pink at all.

As for the Magnificent 7 leos, they were 1996 appropriate and they were better then some of the other leos out there in that time. Also, what a more amazing thing then to wear the flag while representing the US in the US with your first gold medal.

My guess is the picture @Nikaa posted above is accurate as it has the one leo also included in the "sneak peek."

Very thankful for no pink because I always hated the pink in international competition. and, while it's not the throwback, I am THRILLED about the white leo. Simone's Sports Illustrated shoot was in a white leo and she looks stunning. It's about time she wore white.

I mean look at her:

USA Gymnastics will be purchasing the Karolyi ranch after Rio.
USA Gymnastics agrees to buy Karolyis' Texas ranch

I wonder if the Karolyi's will actually 100% retire... like zero involvement with USA gymnastics. Bela "retired" in 2001 and he still has a strong presence. If the monthly training camps are just footsteps from your front door, would you really stay away? Maybe, without the paycheck, but I think they'll both have a hard time cutting the cord.

I wonder if the Karolyi's will actually 100% retire... like zero involvement with USA gymnastics. Bela "retired" in 2001 and he still has a strong presence. If the monthly training camps are just footsteps from your front door, would you really stay away? Maybe, without the paycheck, but I think they'll both have a hard time cutting the cord.
They're keeping the name on there, so I wouldn't be surprised. "USA Gymnastics Athlete Development Center at the Karolyi Ranch". I could see Marta staying on as an adviser or coach. Or potentially even as some kind of ex-officio member of the selection committee. I expect USA Gym to have Rhonda Faehn to take over after the Karolyis. I think they somewhat promised that position to her to pry her away from UF a while back.

Last edited:
They're keeping the name on there, so I wouldn't be surprised. "USA Gymnastics Athlete Development Center at the Karolyi Ranch". I could see Marta staying on as an adviser or coach. Or potentially even as some kind of ex-officio member of the selection committee. I expect USA Gym to have Rhonda Faehn to take over after the Karolyis. I think they somewhat promised that position to her to pry her away from UF a while back.

That definitley makes sense to have her running it. I agree, I have also heard about Valeri Liukin having a role also.

That definitley makes sense to have her running it. I agree, I have also heard about Valeri Liukin having a role also.
Yeah it feels like they are priming her for it. She's been right beside Martha seemingly every time she's been on camera and included on every meeting and camp, like she's shadowing her almost. From the outside she seems to have a good repport with the girls. She's always sharing pictures with and of them at camps, outings and competitions.

3ff366c7a562440908ddd48cf9a1aa33.png

I really like this leotard from Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No amanar from Gabby in Rio. But....

She said Gabby's attitude has been extremely positive and hasn't missed a beam routine in four or five days.

Also says qualifications lineup won't be finalized until after podium. The girls voted Aly captain over Simone in a "tight race". They also asked her about Romania missing from the team competition and Martha mentioned that "the system was broken"

Here's a full transcript of the press conference with Martha Martha Karolyi Conference Call Live Blog | The Gymternet

Last edited:
Rhonda has made it very clear that she does not want to be national team coordinator contrary to belief. I know a lot of people including me thought when Rhonda was hired on that they were grooming her to be national team coordinator. Which made perfect sense because she took such a huge presence when she came onto the scene. From what I've heard the position is between Valeri Liukin(Devolemental Program coordinator/Nastia Liukin dad and coach/owner of WOGA one of the most successful gyms in the country boasting athletes including Carly Patterson, Nastia Liukin, Madison Kocian, Alyssa Baumann, Holly Vise, Rebecca Bross to name a few), Mihai Breystan(coach of Aly Raisman(coach of Aly Raisman and Alicia Sacramone and Assistant coach to 2016 Olympic team) and Steve Rybacki has expressed interest also(Director of elite athletes program/he's also in charge of the alternates in Rio). Personally I think Valeri is going to get the job but I may be wrong.
Here's an article by the Wall Street Journal about who will get the position.

Can U.S. Gymnasts Soar Without Martha? - WSJ

Back