OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Rhonda has made it very clear that she does not want to be national team coordinator contrary to belief. I know a lot of people including me thought when Rhonda was hired on that they were grooming her to be national team coordinator. Which made perfect sense because she took such a huge presence when she came onto the scene. From what I've heard the position is between Valeri Liukin(Devolemental Program coordinator/Nastia Liukin dad and coach/owner of WOGA one of the most successful gyms in the country boasting athletes including Carly Patterson, Nastia Liukin, Madison Kocian, Alyssa Baumann, Holly Vise, Rebecca Bross to name a few), Mihai Breystan(coach of Aly Raisman(coach of Aly Raisman and Alicia Sacramone and Assistant coach to 2016 Olympic team) and Steve Rybacki has expressed interest also(Director of elite athletes program/he's also in charge of the alternates in Rio). Personally I think Valeri is going to get the job but I may be wrong.
Here's an article by the Wall Street Journal about who will get the position.

Can U.S. Gymnasts Soar Without Martha? - WSJ
Probably rybacki or liukin will take over. I wanna guess liukin simply because of his resume and athlete/gym success.

I'm almost finished reading Dominique Moceanu's book and I'm amazed at the parallels between the Karolyis for gymnastics and Varsity for cheer. And not in a good way.

Last edited:
I'm almost finished reading Dominique Moceanu's book and I'm amazed at the parallels between the Karolyis for gymnastics and Varsity for cheer. And not in a good way.
I almost used my free credit on audible for that last night, but decided it was so cheap on amazon, that it would make more sense to buy it and use my credit on something else. It looks interesting!

I love these practice leos!
4b30bf53a196367224770dc1ace73c2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How to follow the U.S. Olympic gymnastics team on social media | NBC Olympics

From what I've seen over the last few weeks, Simone is the only one that snaps a lot. I have seen any from Gabby and a couple from Laurie. I don't really pay attention to the men's snaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashton is the snap queen. She was everywhere for camp but now it's primarily her, Ragan, MyKayla and the guy alternates since they aren't staying in the actual Olympic Village or practicing with the team. Her snap name is ashtonlocklear.

For the guys, it seems like Jake is the most active.

Catalina Ponor, will in fact, be competing on all 4 apparatus in qualifications:
Full Gymnastics Blog: Catalina Ponor: "eu vou competir em 4 aparelhos"

Honestly, good on her. At this point, she really has nothing to lose. Being her 3rd Olympics, she already has a couple of Olympic medals under her belt... might as well go all out on this one?

I can't read that web page cause it's in Romanian ;), but that is great news she's doing all 4 events. I can not wait to see what she does on bars!!!! I so hope she's able to qualify for the AA finals.

8ec9b143ea2716b4ecff663223bbfa00.png

Larissa posted this earlier. Does this mean she's traveling to Rio as an alternate? I haven't been keeping up with Romania

8ec9b143ea2716b4ecff663223bbfa00.png

Larissa posted this earlier. Does this mean she's traveling to Rio as an alternate? I haven't been keeping up with Romania

They are indeed taking Lari as an alternate. I think they're trying to make the best out a very unfortunate situation meaning her health hasn't completely been there but she's done so much for the Romania gymnastics. I hope she has a great time and makes lemonade out of lemons. I think Cata was the right decision but I really wish they could both compete. In 2008 and before if you were in the 13-16 spot you qualified 2 athletes I wish this hadn't changed.

Yeah I think the plan all along (at least since they didn't qualify a team) has been to take them both and decide closer to time who would go. Guess that time is now and Ponor it is. I'm still so bummed about the whole thing (but happy for Ponor of course, one of my faves)

They are indeed taking Lari as an alternate. I think they're trying to make the best out a very unfortunate situation meaning her health hasn't completely been there but she's done so much for the Romania gymnastics. I hope she has a great time and makes lemonade out of lemons. I think Cata was the right decision but I really wish they could both compete. In 2008 and before if you were in the 13-16 spot you qualified 2 athletes I wish this hadn't changed.

Well good for her I suppose. I like Larissa more than Ponor. Her Instagram videos have looked promising over the last few weeks

At least their decision about who competes and doesn't isn't messy like Trinidad and Tobagos

Well good for her I suppose. I like Larissa more than Ponor. Her Instagram videos have looked promising over the last few weeks

At least their decision about who competes and doesn't isn't messy like Trinidad and Tobagos

What happened with Trinidad and Tobago?

Back