OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I met a girl in Hawaii a few years ago who had an Olympics rings tattoo on her shoulder - she competed in swimming in I think '08, but not for the US (I want to say Guam or the Philippines). She was sort of apologetic when she felt explained that and I felt bad she felt she had to.

Here's my .02 on the American competing for Belarus - US gymnastics is so shady and non-transparent, and gymnasts' careers are so short, that I don't see anything wrong with doing what she did. She wanted to compete in the Olympics after dedicating her whole life to the sport and is doing so for another country under the rules established by the Olympic committee? Then so be it. Vaya con dios, Kylie. She's the one who has to live with herself once the Olympics are over.

13925369_10153946925064220_5238036548310745575_n_zpsr5yz5ikf.jpg

I met a girl in Hawaii a few years ago who had an Olympics rings tattoo on her shoulder - she competed in swimming in I think '08, but not for the US (I want to say Guam or the Philippines). She was sort of apologetic when she felt explained that and I felt bad she felt she had to.

Here's my .02 on the American competing for Belarus - US gymnastics is so shady and non-transparent, and gymnasts' careers are so short, that I don't see anything wrong with doing what she did. She wanted to compete in the Olympics after dedicating her whole life to the sport and is doing so for another country under the rules established by the Olympic committee? Then so be it. Vaya con dios, Kylie. She's the one who has to live with herself once the Olympics are over.

Perhaps I would be more sympathetic toward her case if score wise she were competitive. If she were a Maggie Nichols, close but no cigar type....sorry you're always the bridesmaid. But she's was never a bridesmaid...competitively she's not even a hostess....she's barely invited to the wedding

Since competing in the Olympics, in theory is something that you earn by being the best your country, in theory, has to offer and not a right, I just can't sympathize to the get there by any means necessary approach. I get working hard and wanting to compete at the Olympics but it's not something that you're entitled to.

But you're right. She's the one that has to live with it. And I'm sure the experience is phenomenal, even if she isn't getting to experience representing her own Country.

But also, the story you told about the swimmer. I wonder if it's HER feeling that way because that's how she went, or if it has been other people's reaction to her competing for another country that makes her feel that way

Last edited:
I think Kylie competing for Belarus is absurd.

I think more of the shade belongs to the Belarussian Gym Fed/Kylie's coaches who set all of this up than on Kylie herself--who is going to say "no" when asked "hey do you want to compete in the Olympics?"

ETA: This situation strikes me as similarly absurd

I think Kylie competing for Belarus is absurd.

I think more of the shade belongs to the Belarussian Gym Fed/Kylie's coaches who set all of this up than on Kylie herself--who is going to say "no" when asked "hey do you want to compete in the Olympics?"

ETA: This situation strikes me as similarly absurd

Hold. Up. She competes for Georgia....formerly Israel. And her siblings compete for Japan.

Maybe these folks are on to something. Did y'all see how USA men's bball beat China? And then the Women beat Senegal by 60?

Maybe it's time to start outsourcing leftover American athletes

Still think we could have had a killer Puerto Rican American gymnastics team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see Gabby go out? What's the penalty for?

Back