OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's gonna be close during bars finals. It will come down to who sticks their handstands, pirouettes, dismount, etc. Aliya could have been first coming into finals if she stuck her landing 'coz that was a big step

Was Simone Biles the only USA athlete who did two vaults? If so, surprised no one else did two vaults.

Was Simone Biles the only USA athlete who did two vaults? If so, surprised no one else did two vaults.
The vaults have to be from different families. Really hard. The only other senior girl we have able to do 2 is McKayla Skinner

Late to the commentary but I am happy Aly got through to the AA; I do kind of wish Marta had gone with Laurie though. Happy to see all of the girls in an event final or more though.

Team usa was phenomenal but bars score today were ridiculous now way aly's execution better than Fan Yilin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team usa was phenomenal but bars score today were ridiculous now way aly's execution better than Fan Yilin

Yeah - I hate to say this, but I think there was some serious execution underscoring in the earlier sessions compared to our session. It should be more consistent across the board when they are all competing at the same time in the various finals, but I feel really bad for anyone who didn't qualify because they were in a session w/ harder scoring.

Yeah - I hate to say this, but I think there was some serious execution underscoring in the earlier sessions compared to our session. It should be more consistent across the board when they are all competing at the same time in the various finals, but I feel really bad for anyone who didn't qualify because they were in a session w/ harder scoring.

China got hit pretty bad I think. Low balled on bars and beam. Sucks but this tends to happen during qualifications

Men's team final tonight! (although it is on at the same time as my boy Tom Daley in 10m syncro so I am going to be split between two screens - eek). On a side note, I am really impressed with how mentally strong Brinn Bevan (GBR) was in qualifications, only 6 months ago did he break both his tib and fib doing a vault, the exact same injury as the French man, although his was very severe, and for Brinn to go up first on vault straight after watching that incident is amazing. So proud of him

I can't with these uneven bars execution scores... the Chinese were so unfortunate. Spiridonova was even awarded an extra 0.2 in her D-score because the D-panel judges credited her with a Komova II instead of Maloney. I'm guessing the D-score they gave her was out of memory.

Other than team U.S.A., WAG qualifications was a struggle to get through. So many favourites falling apart. It's ironic that two of Russia's most reliable members - Mustafina and Melnikova, were the ones to mess up on BB and had to be saved by their usually more unreliable teammates (I mean, seriously, Turkhalyan and Spiridonova). I had to take a break in between subdivision 1 and 2 just to recover from the Chinese. So many FX EF potential gymnast also fell out - Mao Yi, Downie, Thorsdottir, Miyakwa etc. Watching team Canada go through a Russia TF 2012 at the end was heartbreaking, you can tell Rogers was just devastated about her fall on UB, especially because they really really needed her score. I can't believe this is the end for Rogers... her last Olympics performance ended in shambles. Does anyone know if she's also done with NCAA?

I need like a good week to recover from this qualifications, not sure if I can take another round of this in finals.
Men's team final tonight! (although it is on at the same time as my boy Tom Daley in 10m syncro so I am going to be split between two screens - eek). On a side note, I am really impressed with how mentally strong Brinn Bevan (GBR) was in qualifications, only 6 months ago did he break both his tib and fib doing a vault, the exact same injury as the French man, although his was very severe, and for Brinn to go up first on vault straight after watching that incident is amazing. So proud of him
Whitlock is SO lucky Bevan didn't two-per-country him out of AA finals, their scores were pretty close with Whitlock counting two falls. I'm a Verniaiev-stan, so of course I'll be rooting for him, but I wish team GB the best in the coming finals...

Last edited:
Back