OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
WHY. WONT. PEOPLE. LAY. OFF. GABBY. Jeez yall. God forbid she's not grinning when the camera pans to her at any point during a three hour competition. Gabby doesn't smile and she's evil. Mustafina doesn't smile and she's a queen. What gives?

Gabby's prelims score would have topped Gabby's for silver. (That's not a knock on Aly, just sayin)

I don't know if CBC's website and their videos are limited to Canadians, but if they aren't: (The commentators aren't the usual ones CBC uses. For some reason, they're Australian. You'll need to click on the third time slot from the right to find it.)
CBC Olympics - Rio 2016 Olympic Games

If you watch the Olympic Daytime one and fast forward to about the 3 hour mark, it's Kyle Shewfelt and whatever the woman's name is. They show the top group, except one of the Chinese gymnasts for some reason, and the 2 Canadian girls without switching to different events.

I agree with laying off gabby. Poor girl needs a break. BUT. I really did notice that she remained seated and less-than-enthused when the USA girls were finishing AA. Meanwhile Lauie was losing it and Madison was right up there with her.

At least pretend not to be completely disappointed that it's not you up there and fake a celebration for your teammates

catching up - our lady gymnasts are in a league of their own and to see Aly just get so pissed off and focused and nail it on beam and floor and Simone do the same speaks volumes to their talent and character. They are both amazing athletes.

I'm in the Leave Gabby Alone Club. It had to be terribly disappointing as the reigning all around Olympic gold medalist to have to be a spectator knowing if you weren't Team USA you had a solid chance of medaling. If I'm going to nitpick on anyone, I think Aly has taken her Mama Hen role a little too far and has crossed the line to a bit of a BossyB. Yesterday she was telling Simone what to do during the medal ceremony which I thought was odd - it's Simone's moment and she has been on the top of that podium multiple times and knows the drill. It was a little overbearing during the Team medals, but I get that she is captain so I could overlook it, but there was no need for it during the individual. I hope she can go back to being just a supportive teammate for the event finals.

Re: the behavior of the girls on the sidelines/stands/interviews, etc. I think there's clearly some type of divide between Gabby and the other 4 girls. It almost looks as Gabby, for whatever reason, is not part of a clique that the other 4 have. I actually feel bad for her, cause maybe she's really upset about something (different than her not qualifying for the AA final) and has to hold it together for the cameras. We expect them all to be BFFs cause they are the Olympic team, but when you think about it, the odds that 5 highly competitive young women all getting along perfectly is really low.

It appears people are ready to go in on Gabby for the slighest thing... I feel bad for this young lady, she cannot win in the public arena...As I recalled in 2012, Jordyn cried all over the place and everyone felt so bad for her, however, in 2016, Gabby finished 3rd in the world and everyone expects her to be smiling and skipping...

Leave Gabby ALONE, we must remember that she is only 21 and spent most of her years sacrificing and now have to sit on the sidelines to watch others get what she wanted...Got to be awful!

Go Gabby and now tweet that lipstick color! Haha

Re: the behavior of the girls on the sidelines/stands/interviews, etc. I think there's clearly some type of divide between Gabby and the other 4 girls. It almost looks as Gabby, for whatever reason, is not part of a clique that the other 4 have. I actually feel bad for her, cause maybe she's really upset about something (different than her not qualifying for the AA final) and has to hold it together for the cameras. We expect them all to be BFFs cause they are the Olympic team, but when you think about it, the odds that 5 highly competitive young women all getting along perfectly is really low.
or maybe she is just over Aly telling everyone - including her - what to do.....
I'm kind of kidding, but - I watched each event live feed during the team all around and Gabby had a genuine smile on her face throughout and was just as encouraging as everyone else on the team was. She was as much a part of the team as the other 4 and she did her job. She is the only one who has been there, done that besides Aly, and Aly is clearly the leader, so Gabby is in a different situation than any of the other 3 girls. Outside of the disappointment of qualifying for the AA but "disqualified" because of a rule, maybe she knows that this Olympics isn't about her and she is graciously stepping aside so Simone and Aly can have the spotlight as they deserve but it is coming across as being distant instead. Or maybe her family is lining up endorsements and reality shows and new business opportunities for her rather than letting her enjoy her Olympic experience. I wish everyone would stop judging her.

I'm not a Gabby fan, nor have I ever really been---could never really place my finger down as for why, but even I think there is way too much nit-picking going along. Let it be and let the girls focus on their individual events. Gabby still has medal potential---focus on that instead of whether or not she's smiling at the right time or not.

or maybe she is just over Aly telling everyone - including her - what to do.....
I'm kind of kidding, but - I watched each event live feed during the team all around and Gabby had a genuine smile on her face throughout and was just as encouraging as everyone else on the team was. She was as much a part of the team as the other 4 and she did her job. She is the only one who has been there, done that besides Aly, and Aly is clearly the leader, so Gabby is in a different situation than any of the other 3 girls. Outside of the disappointment of qualifying for the AA but "disqualified" because of a rule, maybe she knows that this Olympics isn't about her and she is graciously stepping aside so Simone and Aly can have the spotlight as they deserve but it is coming across as being distant instead. Or maybe her family is lining up endorsements and reality shows and new business opportunities for her rather than letting her enjoy her Olympic experience. I wish everyone would stop judging her.
I mean wasn't she voted as captain though?

I mean wasn't she voted as captain though?
yes she was, and overall she has been a good leader, but she has at times crossed the line telling everyone what to do, particularly the INDIVIDUAL all around gold medalist.

Everyone has already said what I need to say about Gabby but I'm going to reiterate.

Gabby is a queen. Gabby is legendary. Gabby is history making.

Gabby gets bullied by her own race over her freaking hair.

Gabby gets bullied and scrutinized by the world because she doesn't smile. Because she doesn't act like the rest of her teammates.

Like @cheerKT pointed out. Mustafina doesn't smile but she's "fierce" and she "slays". Gabby doesn't smile and she's a bad team mate, a poor sport and jealous. Wonder why [emoji849][emoji849]

Jordyn Wieber doesn't make AA. Heck she qualified 4th overall and had several mistakes in qualifying.....and she boo hoos up and down the arena AND spends the night crying in the room she shared with Aly. I remember people here arguing me up and down that her behavior was okay and justified because she was just "sad" because she worked for this her whole life.....as if Aly and Gabby hadn't. I wonder why [emoji849][emoji849]

The team has said in interviews how well they all get along.

But people here are saying they think it's 4 against 1

They've said that Gabby and Simone are the closet and have the most inside jokes

Aly mentioned the sweet text Gabby sent her after AA

Gabby doesn't owe anyone anything.

She doesn't owe the black community snatched edges or a fresh weave and she d@mn sure doesn't owe the rest of y'all a smile and shimmy

Let the girl live. People need to stop worrying about her and go worry about their eyebrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back