OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Max was great. The brazilians were good, the crowd was not.

And Sam and Jake are just same old same old for us men's gym. An overhaul has been a longtime coming and I hope they finally do something to change that program. Talent is there but they can just never compete well. So unfortunate to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very happy for the two Brazilian gymnastics and of course GB. Didn't realize it was GB first gymnastic gold, so snaps for that

That being said... Simone's sports psychologist for the American men please and thanks

Max was great. The brazilians were good, the crowd was not.

And Sam and Jake are just same old same old for us men's gym. An overhaul has been a longtime coming and I hope they finally do something to change that program. Talent is there but they can just never compete well. So unfortunate to watch.

I understand the excitement that two Brazilians had the potential to medal, but to be roaring at every mistake was really rude.

In other news, this is cute and I wish Larisa was competing

The olympics should kill all discussion about not getting scores immediately after competing or not celebrating when 2d is announced.

Very happy for the Brazilians but not a fan of the crowd. I understand the significance of their medals and how much this means to them but to cheer when someone else makes mistakes isn't cool. Really felt for Sam during his routine.

I feel a bit sorry for Max as I feel like his moment was lost a bit, or maybe he was just being a typical Brit ;) also props to him for showing great sportsmanship and hugging both of his competitors before he stood up on his podium.

I'm kinda surprised by some of the other vaulters, they just weren't very clean and some made me hold my breath, especially the gymnast from North Korea. Under-rotated twisting skills scare me, I'm always afraid someone's going to get hurt!

Half of me loves that those women were able to take giant risks and go for it, and the other half of me just loves clean gymnastics and couldn't stop cringing.

I was really rooting for Dipa to medal so, kind of sad, even though she still made history for her country just being there.

I'm kinda surprised by some of the other vaulters, they just weren't very clean and some made me hold my breath, especially the gymnast from North Korea. Under-rotated twisting skills scare me, I'm always afraid someone's going to get hurt!
I'd say that considering she attempted the first ever triple twisting vault for a female she did pretty good

I'd say that considering she attempted the first ever triple twisting vault for a female she did pretty good

For sure!!! It was definitely impressive, but knowing how hard it is, it still made me nervous! The crazy vault that Chusovitina and Karmakar didn't make me as nervous even though the start value was higher just because an error there usually is either sitting or putting your hands down (or forward roll out as we saw.) But twisting skills... Eep! I blame cheer for my nerves.

Back