All-Star Attitudes At Practice/coaches Favorites.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Allstar Obsession - Are you sure that you are not coming off as a know it all or a 'we used to do it this way at my gym' girl? For girls that are not allstar girls that can be annoying and they might think you are being the rude one, if they are the captains they must have been used to doing it their way for a while, not to say its the right way but it is the way they have been brought up to practice on that team. May I ask why you dont do allstars anymore if you don' t like HS cheer?
I went in to tryouts knowing that I had to give 100% NOT to have that attitude. I know how it feels to be around somebody with an attitude like that, and I make a conscious effort everyday to limit it. I do, however, tell stories and such, just like the other girls do about their previous teams. But they dont magnify me in any ways, its always stories about other teams or kickpants or random things like that.

My local allstar gym recently closed and was purchased by cheergyms.com. I was a level 4/5 athlete at the time, not interested in making the commute to Concord to be on a team. Im also limited with a back injury, so anything that limits tumbling is ideal.

I also transferred schools this year as a junior and wanted to make my transition as smooth as possible, and that meant showing up knowing people on the first day of school. I dont dislike high school cheer, I dislike that I cant be myself at practice.

one piece of advice....kill them with kindness

If they say something rude say something nice back like "your hair looks nice today" or "your toe touches are amazing!" i don't know...ignoring the situation however is not ideal...i do believe that speaking up could go either way...it could be bad...it could be good....but either way, wouldn't it be better to know than not know? and NEVER EVER let anyone kill your passion for ANYTHING...that goes for cheer or anything else in your life that you are passionate about. Passion is what drives the most intelligent, imaginative, creative people in this world. If Steve Jobs (God rest his soul) weren't passionate about technology...we would be living in an Apple-less world...Can you imagine life without iPhones or iPads or iPods? Think about that for a moment...

FameUsM0m said:

If they say something rude say something nice back like "your hair looks nice today" or "your toe touches are amazing!" i don't know...ignoring the situation however is not ideal...i do believe that speaking up could go either way...it could be bad...it could be good....but either way, wouldn't it be better to know than not know? and NEVER EVER let anyone kill your passion for ANYTHING...that goes for cheer or anything else in your life that you are passionate about. Passion is what drives the most intelligent, imaginative, creative people in this world. If Steve Jobs (God rest his soul) weren't passionate about technology...we would be living in an Apple-less world...Can you imagine life without iPhones or iPads or iPods? Think about that for a moment...

This is a really good idea. Spend some time trying to resolve it yourself with these girls. Bringing in "the authorities" might sour things more. However, if it's a situation that grows into an issue and then becomes a major problem then adults should probably be alerted.

Just an update:

today at practice my coach was talking to our jv squad about dedication. (I know this because I have a very close friend on the jv team.) She ranked the girls on a spectrum from "I really want to be here" to, "Im here to wear the skirt."

While she was doing this, she brought up that fact that there was a girl on varsity that was embarassed to be on the team because nobody tumbled and we had basic stunts.

Im the only girl that tumbles, and its very clear that she was referencing me. The girls she was talking to knew who she was talking about.

This is a result of me asking to put a tumbling pass into our homecoming routine and taking some team mates with me to open gyms. We also recently learned full arounds and I was sooo excited about it. Obviously this was taken offensively and not as a genuine excitement to be learning more difficult skills. As for open gyms, I dont ask people to come, they choose to come.

When I got home, I told my mom, and she's emailing the coach tomorrow to discuss it.

Im just so upset and defeated. I dont want to go anymore. Im having a hard enough time adjusting to a new school, a new house, a new team. I dont need this drama, especially from my coach. Im so sick of not being respected.

Rant over.

If they say something rude say something nice back like "your hair looks nice today" or "your toe touches are amazing!"
I'm taking your advice. Next time someone dares to insult me I'm going to give them a complement.
"You're so stupid"..
"You look pretty"

I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm serious too. This should be good.

I'm taking your advice. Next time someone dares to insult me I'm going to give them a complement.
"You're so stupid"..
"You look pretty"

You are stupid!

"You're so stupid"..
"You look pretty"

Hahaha they're gonna be so confused. Love it:)
I'm gonna do it too!

AllstarObsession said:
Just an update:

today at practice my coach was talking to our jv squad about dedication. (I know this because I have a very close friend on the jv team.) She ranked the girls on a spectrum from "I really want to be here" to, "Im here to wear the skirt."

While she was doing this, she brought up that fact that there was a girl on varsity that was embarassed to be on the team because nobody tumbled and we had basic stunts.

Im the only girl that tumbles, and its very clear that she was referencing me. The girls she was talking to knew who she was talking about.

This is a result of me asking to put a tumbling pass into our homecoming routine and taking some team mates with me to open gyms. We also recently learned full arounds and I was sooo excited about it. Obviously this was taken offensively and not as a genuine excitement to be learning more difficult skills. As for open gyms, I dont ask people to come, they choose to come.

When I got home, I told my mom, and she's emailing the coach tomorrow to discuss it.

Im just so upset and defeated. I dont want to go anymore. Im having a hard enough time adjusting to a new school, a new house, a new team. I dont need this drama, especially from my coach. Im so sick of not being respected.

Rant over.

So she thinks you're embarrassed to be on the team. Why would she think that?

AllstarObsession said:
its beyond me. Maybe its because Im coming from an allstar program?

I obviously don't know but either she's extremely immature (and going off her allowance of the captains to behave disrespectfully at practices AND calling you out to the JV, I'd say she is) or you're just too enthusiastic and can't hide your disappointment when they don't use your ideas (tumbling pass for homecoming,etc).

It's good that your mom emailed her. I wish I could give you an answer to help you resolve all of this but I don't have much to offer other than support and tidbits of advice. Hang in there kid, and stay positive. Keep a smile on your face (doing anything else will only give them more ammo to use against you) and your head up!

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm invested now lol!

Back