All-Star Australian Teams At Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2012
I searched the performance order but couldn't find Team Australia nor Australian Outlaws... Are either teams going to be at worlds? I only saw Dreamgirls repping AUS. We love all Aussie teams. Been looking fwd to saying Oy,Oy,Oy! :)

I think I saw some Australian team members here today but not sure if they were on the cheer or possibly dance side. I could be wrong all together.

Australian Outlaws Fugitives received a bid but declined it for this year. Zoo Athletics Brisbane Tigers also received a bid in the same division (Int. Open Co-Ed 5) but were unable to attend (I can't speak on their behalf so am not sure of the reason why). A few months ago an email was sent to all the Aussie coaches searching for people to try out for a "Team Australia" Co-Ed team (made up of athletes from all over the country), but from my understanding that never eventuated for whatever reason.

Dreamgirls won the bid for Int. Open AG 5 are are attending. They are also competing as "Team Australia" for ICU. We then have an AG L6 Group Stunt and Co-Ed Partner Stunt for ICU as well.

So basically this year we are only sending one cheer team to ICU and IASF Worlds. We have a couple of dance teams going this year though (Bradshaw Dancers, Air Born, Starlets, Melbourne Cheer Academy (apologies I didn't get all the dance teams right))

And FYI: They are listed on the performance order as "Australian Dreamgirls (Australia)" not "Team Australia" (as they are listed for ICU) :)

Thank you so much for the updates. So disappointing. Looking fwd to dreamgirls.

Yeah, we had a much bigger showing last year! It's hard for our teams to come every year, it's so far for us to go and v. expensive. Going anywhere from Aus pretty much is expensive haha. I'm looking forward to DG's as well! They had a couple of injuries at the Daytona Beach comp the other day and so have had to totally rework the routine - so I hope it still all works out for them :)

We met them last week at Daytona. They were staying at the same hotel as us.
Very nice girls!

Yeah, we had a much bigger showing last year! It's hard for our teams to come every year, it's so far for us to go and v. expensive. Going anywhere from Aus pretty much is expensive haha. I'm looking forward to DG's as well! They had a couple of injuries at the Daytona Beach comp the other day and so have had to totally rework the routine - so I hope it still all works out for them :)

Oh no, we are praying for quick recoveries. I'm sorry to hear that. My mother recently traveled back to AUS and it was incredibly expensive. So I can def sympathize. Last year a guy from Team Australia gave my cp an AUS flag. We vowed to fly it high again this year :)

Back