All-Star Senior Open 5 Scoring Vs. Worlds Teams Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 20, 2010
I am sorry - but this topic has bugged me all year long. I hate that Senior Open 5's are out scoring legitamate World's bound teams at competitions. I havent seen many (not saying they dont exist, just saying I havent seen many) Senior Open 5 teams that have 'WOW' stunting. For the most part Ive seen switch ups and full ups, and maybe some tick tock variations for the better Senior Open 5's. Also many only have kick doubles as opposed to hitch or switch kick doubles and as we all know, they are capped at doing fulls in tumbling.

Has anyone else experienced GRAND going to Senior Open teams over good 'Worlds bound' teams?

I wouldnt have a problem if scoresheets reflected a Senior Open division. But if I am at a competition and the scoresheet says to max out you need majority squad doubles... How can a Open 5 team even compare? Id assume they would score low in tumbling and could try to make up for it in stunts or cleanliness....

Anyone else agree or disagree?

I am sorry - but this topic has bugged me all year long. I hate that Senior Open 5's are out scoring legitamate World's bound teams at competitions. I havent seen many (not saying they dont exist, just saying I havent seen many) Senior Open 5 teams that have 'WOW' stunting. For the most part Ive seen switch ups and full ups, and maybe some tick tock variations for the better Senior Open 5's. Also many only have kick doubles as opposed to hitch or switch kick doubles and as we all know, they are capped at doing fulls in tumbling.

Has anyone else experienced GRAND going to Senior Open teams over good 'Worlds bound' teams?

I wouldnt have a problem if scoresheets reflected a Senior Open division. But if I am at a competition and the scoresheet says to max out you need majority squad doubles... How can a Open 5 team even compare? Id assume they would score low in tumbling and could try to make up for it in stunts or cleanliness....

I might be mistaken but I would think it would be easier to max out a scorecard of sr open 5 than a worlds 5....its based on the percentage of that division....sr open 5 has no doubles etc.....please dont get crazy...my daughter is on Cali sr open 5....so I see both sides....:)

oops...maybe I misunderstood your comment...my bad....:)

Hey there friend, I coach a senior open 5 team, one who is thankful enough for full ups, 2 of 4, 4 trick baskets, toe fulls, and extended tick tocks. But I will say tumbling wise they do restrict us in the 9-9.5 range and can't score above that on difficulty only. But I guess that makes your problem worse than huh...I do find it to be a bit odd, but i also wont say that all worlds bid recipients are gonna score in the top 9.5-9.7 range like your worlds top 10-15 teams do. I know that senior open almost caps out at 9.2 on a scoresheet, and a worlds team should be at that caliber or higher, agree? Just my thoughts, I only hope further success with your team for the rest of the season, good luck at worlds!

Sounds like the sr5 worlds teams you are watching are just are not scoring well. Probably just don't have the difficulty they should?

I have to admit I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to scoresheets and stuff. But I can only imagine 5 Open has it's own set of "rules" for where it can max out, just like any other level. Is that what you're asking?

If a Senior Open 5 teams is outscoring for Grand and they are judged by the same panel then my guess is that team looked better then the senior 5 teams they beat out. I have seen several Senior Open 5 teams that could beat several Senior 5 teams if they had the doubles.

Our Sr Open 5 team has won all year but Never gotten grand champ...could be because they are against elite, diamonds and smoed....but it seems like they just can't no matter how clean they are....not complaining though...I tell my cp to work hard and end up on a world team if thats what she wants....:)

Back