Back Flexibility!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 11, 2011
Hello!
I'm having a LOT of trouble with front walkovers/front handsprings. My coach told me that in order to do front walkovers/tinsicas/front handsprings, I need to improve my shoulder/back flexibility, of which is pretty much nonexistent. Any stretches/conditioning that can help me become more flexible would be greatly appreciated. So for the love of sparkles and for the hate of uniforms solely made of black mystique, please help me out! :)

Bridges! Also if you have your splits lay back in them and try to grab your foot. For shoulders lay on ground with you arm under you and tilt your body to the side

For the front walkover flexibility is a must. Every body is built its own unique way, if flexibility is impossible for you, the front handspring can still be accomplished by using speed and strength. You must know how to properly throw your body into the ground, and generate tremendous strength in the lead kick leg. its best to practice on an 8 inch crash mat and have your approach and hand placement all mapped out. Mater a three step run, hurdle step, then place your hands on the crash mat while kicking up to a handstand, bring your feet together at the top of the handstand and fall into a bridge. After you master this, then you can add speed and power. When you find yourself landing on your feet on the crash pad, then you are ready for a new drill. You will have to make some adjustment in your rhythm from the 8inch mat to the real ground.

Back