Back Tuck Help!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
ok so my coach is really trying to get me to do a standing back tuck but its really long on the tramp so i haven't even bothered trying on floor until it was perfect on tramp
she told me that i was setting for a back handspring and that i was to set up but i just cant figure out how to do that???
can anyone tell me how to do it properly??
how to get the height?
my coach has been pushing me for this skill and i really want her to see me improve on my tumbles

Well you're probably throwing yourself back instead of up. Try doing some drills where you just jump, reach straight up, and bring your knees up to practice your set. It helps to keep your head in so when you are actually throwing your tuck, make sure you're not throwing your head back and keeping your chin tucked in. To help with that, before you throw your tuck, focus on some point high on the wall and try not to take your eyes off of it as you tuck. Your knees are what bring you around, not your head, so make sure you're also actually tucking into a ball and drive them hard.

If you dont want to throw your head back, which makes you go back put your tongue on the roof of your mouth when you tumble. Also pick a point and try to watch it as long as you can throughout your tuck and it should be great!

Latest posts

Back