Back Tuck Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
Okay so I have been working on back tucks since about late October. I got it on the floor in December, but I just can't set up in my tucks!! I land on my feet every single time and I can throw it whenever without warming it up. I'm very comfortable with it but my tumbling coach won't let me start layouts until I learn to set up and quit throwing my head back. I also can do a standing tuck and land it. I don't know what to do! I don't wanna work on tucks forever!! Please help me with some advice!!

Listen to your coach. I'm in the same position, and I can't get my lays cos I keep throwing my head back. Because a layout position rotates slower that a tuck, you need the height from setting up and a hollow body position to make to around. Not sure about any drills to help, other than putting beanbag/something under your chin, or biting your shirt when you tuck to keep your head in line. Or practice setts onto a porta pit mat with a couple of crash mats on top to help you go up. It's the same drill for RO fly backs for handsprings, but higher for tucks. Good luck

Latest posts

Back