Back Tucks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 22, 2013
I almost have my tuck (standing) , but i am afraid to throw it on the tumble track hes "spotted" me (without touching me) basically he was standing by me acting like he was spotting me but he never touched me and i can do that perfectly fine but when he leaves my side i cant do it. So i need help ob confidence of throwing it myself (on the tumble track of course) so when i get on the floor ill have confidence.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well if your doing it on tumble track than what's the worst that can happen. You can do it. It's no difference if he is standing right next to you or of he is 10 steps away from u. It's all in it head just do ittt.

Standing tucks at first may be hard to land, but I promise you they will be easy in the end. The one thing that may be throwing you off is not pulling hard enough. In running you have tons of power though your roundoff and backhandspring that help you. But in standing tucks or any standing tumbling you don't have that. The one thing that you may need to do more of us setting and pulling as hard as you can and really making sure you are standing up in your tuck to give it height. The worst that will happen to you on the tumble track is you'll land on your face. The pain only lasts for a few seconds though. Get used to your coach spotting you only a bit to none that may help you.

It's all in your head...If you know that your doing it by yourself with your spotter just standing there, pretend that they are there and throw it...

Throw a crash mat up onto the tumble track and try it up there. It's a softer landing. Once you are confident there, then throw a panel mat on top of that and try it again. If you can do that, then you are ready to progress it from there.

This guy is one of the best in the business. You would do well to listen to him.

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

Back