Balancing All Three...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 5, 2011
Anybody else have trouble balancing School work, school cheer, and competition? I'm about to start competition again soon and I already barely have time for school cheer. Any tips??? Dx

use some sort of planner to organize your homework/priorities of what needs to be done daily.
whenever you get an assignment try to start it in class.
do your work ahead of time, don't procrastinate!
if you have long car drives get some homework done then-reading or just some of the easier stuff.

basically, just try to stay organized!

I have trouble with that too...
I'm always busy all the time
I feel like I don't even really have alot of friends at school anymore because I'm always at the gym and keeping up with homework is a painnnn especially when nationals roll around and I'm traveling everywhere missing school...

One of the things that really helped me out (although I showed horses instead of cheering, but still travelling every weekend) was putting all of my assignments on post-it-notes. I'd make a bulletin board with three columns: Need to Start it, In progress, and Completed. I'd color code the post-its by when the assignment was due. I'd move the post-its around based on where I was in each assignment. I could take a quick, at-a-glance look at what I needed to do, and where everything was.

Use your school lunches to get in library time. Use travel time to work. I'm willing to bet you share some classes with others on your school cheer team, so see if any of them would like to take advantage of drive time to games to get some work done together. Do you have a study session/homeroom? I second the day planner idea as well. I've never done competitive cheer, so pardon the ignorant question here, but how much time do you have after your team competes until awards? Would there be time to work there?

One of the things that really helped me out (although I showed horses instead of cheering, but still travelling every weekend) was putting all of my assignments on post-it-notes. I'd make a bulletin board with three columns: Need to Start it, In progress, and Completed. I'd color code the post-its by when the assignment was due. I'd move the post-its around based on where I was in each assignment. I could take a quick, at-a-glance look at what I needed to do, and where everything was.

Use your school lunches to get in library time. Use travel time to work. I'm willing to bet you share some classes with others on your school cheer team, so see if any of them would like to take advantage of drive time to games to get some work done together. Do you have a study session/homeroom? I second the day planner idea as well. I've never done competitive cheer, so pardon the ignorant question here, but how much time do you have after your team competes until awards? Would there be time to work there?

there could be it depends on the competition and when you compete

my life consists of Work, Cheer, and School I have to plan plan plan! It's tough sometimes but you just gotta remember that someone would probably kill to have the oppoutunites I have so it's def not fair for me to complain about 3 positive things

Back