All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This! And I stated before, I think USASF has it backwords. Instead of US trials it should be International Trials and the International Cup, let all teams perform day 1 , top 10 from each country perform day 2 (which would be the same as it is now because only the US and Canada have more than 10) award The International Cup then top 10 no matter wher your you're from compete in finals.

Worlds is the only place our International kids get to perform against each other and the current process doesn't give an accurate picture of who is best. I don't like the whole theory about that's what the OLympics does, cuz we aren't the Olympics and that rule is for the Individual rounds, the team event goes by score. I can say the rule is fine for ICU
I actually really like this, if only the USASF was as smart/logical as Fierceboarders. :rolleyes:

Cat lady

So the resolution to inequality is to create more of it? I didn't start with cheer knowledge I sought out and found it. I wasn't born with any skill set I earned them. My family growing up was well below the median income that you posted, divorced etc. I did not wait to have things handed to me I created my own opportunities. The athletes on a level 6 team are generally very poor college students who do not have support from home anymore. Id argue most of them make far less than the lowest income you posted. But they fundraise, sell their own possessions even beg to get themselves there. We all have shortcomings and areas in which we have and show weakness. Bangkok a pyramids(illegal or not) are amazing and far better than ours. I didn't ask for a their pyramid score to be worth less on the score sheet nor was it offered.

As for knowing the rules etc, I would never go to another country and expect their rules to bend to my understanding. If I choose to play someone else's game I then have to abide by their rules.

tumblr_mv8gucCEE01qgxj1po1_500.jpg

If only people knew the amount of backdoor deals that go on everyday with the V & U, between the gyms and them, contracts that have been signed, non of this would be a surprise. Some of the wins, teams you see up top & how some "just know" how to hit a scoresheet that has no rubric..

US & International gyms are being threatened by both, if they attend any competition other than W or a V that they can't attend W. Dealt with an entire country last week, getting approached and threantened straight from V representatives acting for the U. Got contacted from yet another country being threaten by the same words, yesterday.. They are unsure what to do, because that is all they know for cheerleading in these countries, but want growth and options.

You'd be surprised to find out how deep some are in contracually and financially.. some even receiving gym paychecks directly from the sources.

Vague I know, but for a reason. Keep your eyes open.

I didn't think any of this was secret. If I'm not mistaken, we had a whole thread about everything in your 2nd paragraph a year or two ago.

That being said, I completely agree with your entire 1st paragraph and your last sentence.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

No. They try to limit official USASF stuff to their channels. The ASGA Facebook group and the emails.

I'd be interested to know how they see the swedish falls thing, because in my understanding there are missing both spotters when it hits. At least the video i've seen, not sure if semi or finals.

But i guess i'm not brave enough to ask in the ASGA group on facebook.

I know nothing about the Bangkok situation so I can't say anything worthwhile on that subject. With that said, everyone wants an even playing field, but no one is really admitting the playing field is not even close to being even. There are language barriers, economic and social differences, and lack of trained personnel and facilities in many of these countries. Affirmative action was put into place not as a permanent solution, but intended as a temporary solution until others were provided the schooling and opportunities to even out the playing field and provide a sense of hope. So ask yourself honestly, how do you entice other countries to fly across the world to participate in an International event at an expensive venue and follow your rules, when their version of cheer, if they had anything like it, did not follow the same rules and regulations? I'm not asking this sarcastically, I would really like to hear what some of your solutions would be to this obvious problem. Keep in mind the average family income in the US is $54,000, in Chile $11,500 (US) and in Jamaica $7400 (about the amount our family spent on All Star cheer last year with travel, tuition, and related merchandise). I can't even begin to come up with what I consider a fair resolution.
When it comes to competitions within the U.S., U.S. teams alter routines to hit scoresheets based on the particular scoring used for that competition. Gyms know ahead of time what they need to do in order to max out their score. They either make the necessary changes or take their chances. Is it that different for international teams attending Worlds ? The rules are no secret. As for the scoring, all teams are in the dark, not solely international teams. I recognize that the degree of change is more significant in the case of Worlds and the international teams but with two years to get it together is it really too much for them to to conform ? Do these teams attend international events in other countries ? If so, are they expected conform to the rules specified for those competitions ? My questions are general in nature and not directed towards any particular international team.

When I lived in foreign countries and drove an automobile I was expected to know and abide by the laws of that country. They didn't change the rules for me since I was a foreigner and unfamiliar with their laws. And, if I didn't abide by the rules I would be penalized the same as any citizen of that country would be. Is this all that different ?

I feel that to provide short term handicapping for the international teams isn't the answer either because there is no incentive for change. When the handicap expires nothing will have changed. Everything will be as it is currently. The handicap would only serve as a crutch to these teams. Again, these teams are aware rules exist. If they chose not to abide then why shouldn't they be penalized like any other team ? If anything, maybe USASF should publish the rules in different languages to avoid any and all confusion.

A few things that may be helpful: Bangkok University is a member of the Thai Cheerleading Association which is NOT the national organization recognized by the Thailand federal government as the 'official' governing body of cheer as a sport.

Thailand Federation of Cheerleading is the governing body recognized by the Thailand government and they are members of IFC. IFC is recognized by SportAccord through the World Dance Federation.

In all other sports the government must recognize your organization and there is typically only one. In fact I don't know of any national governing bodies that have authority without this recognition.

Also is very strange that their website is listed on ICUs website as www.tcathai.com but that website doesn't even exist.

Hope this is helpful.

@Klynn641 @Mr May I appreciate your responses. I understand "conforming" seems like the obvious answer to us, but will they then come to World's? I don't know. Honest question, but does the World's medal mean the same to them to change their style of cheer? If the situation was reversed, would our teams conform for a World's competition they were able to go to every 2-3 years and change their style to match theirs? The solution gal in me says just create an Int. Open 5 and 6 category for teams who want to compete and comply with USASF rules and scratch the 3 country rule entirely. Then, create a category for International teams that want to get out there and do their thing and medal based on fan favorite. I don't see this as driving in a foreign country, I see this as International artistic expression which is the appeal for me in this category (note to self, I'm obviously in the minority).

Like the time my friends and I went to Greece, and didn't know you needed two separate tickets to get to the airport even though the shuttle we took was a regular 'subway' train up until the 'airport' stop? And there was no indication of that on their stupid ticket dispenser, they just expected you to know?

My friends each got a 60 euro fine. I got lucky- I was on an earlier train and they didn't stop me :D

A few things that may be helpful: Bangkok University is a member of the Thai Cheerleading Association which is NOT the national organization recognized by the Thailand federal government as the 'official' governing body of cheer as a sport.

Thailand Federation of Cheerleading is the governing body recognized by the Thailand government and they are members of IFC. IFC is recognized by SportAccord through the World Dance Federation.

In all other sports the government must recognize your organization and there is typically only one. In fact I don't know of any national governing bodies that have authority without this recognition.

Also is very strange that their website is listed on ICUs website as www.tcathai.com but that website doesn't even exist.

Hope this is helpful.

Have we checked that there's a Bangkok University as well?

</kidding>
That is kind of bizarre.

Whether Bangkok is sanctioned or recognized by their government would have no bearing on USASF Worlds. They were an all star team and aren't officially representing their country. It would only affect ICU.

Hope this is helpful.
Prefacing this with an I know nothing disclaimer!

Wasn't it said years ago that if they were part of their official governing body, then they wouldn't be allowed to come to worlds. Sort of like all those amazing Japanese teams whose videos go viral on youtube and Facebook. They have to make a choice to be part of their countries organization, or be part of ours to come to worlds? Maybe it was in their documentary.

Last edited:
@Klynn641 @Mr May I appreciate your responses. I understand "conforming" seems like the obvious answer to us, but will they then come to World's? I don't know. Honest question, but does the World's medal mean the same to them to change their style of cheer? If the situation was reversed, would our teams conform for a World's competition they were able to go to every 2-3 years and change their style to match theirs? The solution gal in me says just create an Int. Open 5 and 6 category for teams who want to compete and comply with USASF rules and scratch the 3 country rule entirely. Then, create a category for International teams that want to get out there and do their thing and medal based on fan favorite. I don't see this as driving in a foreign country, I see this as International artistic expression which is the appeal for me in this category (note to self, I'm obviously in the minority).
I can see what point you're trying to make, but I don't agree that you can't keep your style while still following the rules.

Also, the rules about spotters are not there just to limit the teams. They're there because of safety reasons.

Back