All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I felt a lot of the results in 6 were based on getting more international teams into the top 10, or higher placings. Bangkok is amazing, but they don't have the partner stunts to place that high. In IO 6, I firmly believe Flyers were placed third to avoid having 3 US teams in the to 3. After Viqueens bit it, it looked to be more likely, but the fall on Golden Girls left the door open. Don't get me wrong, I think Flyers are amazing, but having a newer team, they aren't the same team they were last year. I do believe they deserved 4th/5th, but third was to get more international teams in the rankings. I was also surprised by the top 10 rankings in both IO 6 and IOC 6 as there seemed to be some teams who hit clean but dropped significantly in placings to international teams. If both hit clean day 2 and 3, scores should be similar, not having team A beat team B by 20 points on day 2 and vice versa day 3.

This also comes too with no guidelines for a score sheet. Judges can basically give whatever score they want because there are no guidelines as to which skills rate which scores. I think it worked out well for teams like Flyers and Bangkok, but what about the teams who got the short end of the stick and got placed lower to make room for teams that maybe didn't deserve such a high placing. It would really suck for them.

What I dont understand is how some teams got many points (10) and stunts didnt fall only on day 2 they had 2 bobbles it just doesnt add up in IOC6 I watched a video of unity day one and 2 aswell as other trying to understand the deductions!

What gets to me is the seemingly arbitrary application of the rules. Teams came to Worlds with a clear understanding of the rules. What they didn't know was that the rules were going to be applied arbitrarily. It's a bit of bait and switch.

Granted it costs a lot for international teams to compete in the U.S. Guess what ? The U.S. teams spend a lot as well. They spend a LOT of time learning the rules. They spend a LOT of time perfecting their routine in the gym. They spend a LOT of time making sacrifices in their personal life to be in cheer. They spend a LOT of time losing sleep in order to maintain schoolwork because all their time goes to cheer. They spend a LOT of time away from their families. They spend a LOT of time nursing injuries. They spend a LOT of time sore and exhausted. And, they spend a LOT of money to attend Worlds. This is some of what U.S. teams spend to be a part of All Star Cheer. Do you think they would still want to spend all this to participate in Worlds if they knew that in the end it would make no difference in the outcome because the competition is handicapped ? Everyone went into the competition aware of the 3 teams per country rule. But, the handicapping seemed to extend way beyond that. People want to be fair to the international teams, but at what price ? Being unfair to the U.S. Teams. They've sacrificed a lot to be at Worlds and deserve to be fairly treated.

If nothing else don't misrepresent the competition. Be straightforward regarding scoring intentions. That way the teams can decide if it's worth their sacrifice to attend. Then nobody feels misled.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm still waiting for a clear statement by the USASF on this issue because honestly I think it's owed. Maybe not to the public, but to every single competitor in IOC6 finals. There is absolutely NO reason Bangkok should have received the scores in any part of the scoresheet (aside from pyramids) that they did, and absolutely NO reason they should have received such low deductions. I don't care how subjective the scoresheet is, anyone with a knowledge of cheerleading that surpasses your average Twitter fangirl could tell you that this was wrong, and I think it's about time the industry leaders ditch this shady business that seems to surround so many competitions and start running the sport as it should be run. Fairly.

I'm still waiting for a clear statement by the USASF on this issue because honestly I think it's owed. Maybe not to the public, but to every single competitor in IOC6 finals. There is absolutely NO reason Bangkok should have received the scores in any part of the scoresheet (aside from pyramids) that they did, and absolutely NO reason they should have received such low deductions. I don't care how subjective the scoresheet is, anyone with a knowledge of cheerleading that surpasses your average Twitter fangirl could tell you that this was wrong, and I think it's about time the industry leaders ditch this shady business that seems to surround so many competitions and start running the sport as it should be run. Fairly.
I'm just like- if I can't trust you in the IO divisions, can I trust you in ANY.

Granted- no, I think the division winners were pretty spot on this year. But at the same time. I will always be stuck side-eyeing wondering if things were a little...adjusted.

Sorry Green Storm, just meant to post! Not reply (although I am to this thread). I really think there should be a separate division just for teams outside of the USA. Clearly they have talent and compete at this type of level, but not ours. It is not a fair set up at all.

Please explain how this would be "Worlds"? The Spring Tumbling Worlds tees say it all: "There's no Worlds with out us"....

If US teams are in their own league then please explain why you care if they are competing in the same division? AND on the other side of the spectrum please explain how IO5 World Champions are Canadian and IO6 World Champions are from Thailand??

That was the most backhanded (AND ignorant) comment I've heard on the board...

Last edited:
@Klynn641 @Mr May I appreciate your responses. I understand "conforming" seems like the obvious answer to us, but will they then come to World's? I don't know. Honest question, but does the World's medal mean the same to them to change their style of cheer? If the situation was reversed, would our teams conform for a World's competition they were able to go to every 2-3 years and change their style to match theirs? The solution gal in me says just create an Int. Open 5 and 6 category for teams who want to compete and comply with USASF rules and scratch the 3 country rule entirely. Then, create a category for International teams that want to get out there and do their thing and medal based on fan favorite. I don't see this as driving in a foreign country, I see this as International artistic expression which is the appeal for me in this category (note to self, I'm obviously in the minority).

TOTALLY agree with scratching the 3 country rule!!!! How is it fair that you can compete against well-rounded teams and still manage to go home with a "8th in the World" title when you have level 2 tumbling (if any) and level 4 stunting, just because you're the best in your country... this is WORLDS not nationals...

Note: I am an IOC6 athlete from Canada who got 4th in Canada and didn't make finals at Worlds 2014, so I feel like I have the right to speak on this.

Preach it!

Last edited:
This! And I stated before, I think USASF has it backwords. Instead of US trials it should be International Trials and the International Cup, let all teams perform day 1 , top 10 from each country perform day 2 (which would be the same as it is now because only the US and Canada have more than 10) award The International Cup then top 10 no matter wher your you're from compete in finals.

Worlds is the only place our International kids get to perform against each other and the current process doesn't give an accurate picture of who is best. I don't like the whole theory about that's what the OLympics does, cuz we aren't the Olympics and that rule is for the Individual rounds, the team event goes by score. I can say the rule is fine for ICU

LOVE THIS TOO! I am an IOC6 athlete from Canada. I do not think it is fair that "worst" teams make finals because of how they rank in their country. Makes no sense....

I'm just like- if I can't trust you in the IO divisions, can I trust you in ANY.

Granted- no, I think the division winners were pretty spot on this year. But at the same time. I will always be stuck side-eyeing wondering if things were a little...adjusted.
Winners yes but top ten in some divisions I still have questions about. Is there some hidden adgenda in some divisions.... Makes you really wonder - when something like this happens in the IOC6 division.

Winners yes but top ten in some divisions I still have questions about. Is there some hidden adgenda in some divisions.... Makes you really wonder - when something like this happens in the IOC6 division.
Read thru this thread and you'll get a feel for where the hidden agenda lies.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My cousin decided to watch worlds with me this year. She knows nothing of cheer other than what she's seen my teams do over the years. Never seen worlds, never knew it was such a thing. We watched Stingrays, Cheer Extreme and then Bangkok. At the end she said "but they're not very good." She decided it made no sense, had enough of worlds and went off to watch netflix. I think that kind of says it all. Even to someone outside of the sport, who knows very little, knew that they shouldn't have won.

Please explain how this would be "Worlds"? The Spring Tumbling Worlds tees say it all: "There's no Worlds with out us"....

If US teams are in their own league then please explain why you care if they are competing in the same division? AND on the other side of the spectrum please explain how IO5 World Champions are Canadian and IO6 World Champions are from Thailand??

That was the most backhanded (AND ignorant) comment I've heard on the board...

Kind of a RUDE comment and not to be forgotten by me Lesia as I am one of your clients and am a little surprised at how you are coming at my comment with such nastiness (ignorant?? ). I am not sure you read my original thoughts on the first place finish by Bangkok.
They clearly did not have the required skills in the other portions of the score sheets (as dictated by the USASF scoresheet) except in the pyramid/stunting sections (and their baskets and partner stunts were weak compared to other teams).
I do not CARE if other teams outside of our country compete in the same division. I care that some countries are rewarded for their efforts if they did not EARN them. And this thread is about Bangkok (BUT GOOD FOR CANADA! Congratulations - even though I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT CANADA).
Bangkok; A win I personally did not agree with but that is only my opinion.
Tell me. Did YOU think that Bangkok beat the other USA teams in their division fairly? Did you see the breakdown of scores? I did. Something is not right. But you go right on calling out people who at least read a full post before responding to it.

Back