Batc @ National Harbor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Exactly! I said this in another topic but I think that concept screwed a lot of teams this weekend, coastal should have explained this as this % thing is a new concept. I already knew it was percentage but it never registered that the deductions didn't add to that num until after I saw day 2 scores. And in talking to several coaches after day 1, I think this was a pretty widespread misconception. The reason I said it screwed a lot of ppl is bcuz they were thinking they were in a better position and therefore not implementing plan b, or making adjustments.
I agree!..I saw a team go from last place (15th) the first day..straight up to 4th place the second! and I was like wow...did the rest of the teams really loose that many points the second day??...but now it makes sense to me why they jumped so far ahead the second day.

At the end of the day you really just have to hit your routine and look at the score sheets ahead of time. I still can't believe I saw small teams with 4 instead of 5 stunt groups and large teams with 6 stunt groups. You simply WILL NOT GET 1st without attempting to max out the score sheet. But really dont' get me starting on the BATC judging.

Actually the deductions come out of each category on the Jam Brand scoring system not out of the overall raw score so even more math. Back to the drawing board i'm afraid...

Actually the deductions come out of each category on the Jam Brand scoring system not out of the overall raw score so even more math. Back to the drawing board i'm afraid...
Wow!! And really not my best subject!! Lol

I agree!..I saw a team go from last place (15th) the first day..straight up to 4th place the second! and I was like wow...did the rest of the teams really loose that many points the second day??...but now it makes sense to me why they jumped so far ahead the second day.

this happended because BATC doesn't combine day 1 and day 2 scores! You can have a totally bad day day 1 and then come back and out score everyone in your division on day 2 and win! Basically you don't have to hit both days 2 win, but you should hit both days because that's what your supposed to do!

Back