All-Star Battle At The Capitol- March 11-13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this is gonna be hard esp with nobody knowing the "new lay-out" this year but i think we should all meet up in a section and sit together kinda like worlds. Look on the schedule and all meet at a certain. I think that would be kinda easy lol i'll be in a white twisters uniform and twisters bag with a whole bunch of bows on it. O and my bright orange fierce bow will be clearly noticed :)
if its anything like last year that will be really hard. I had a difficult time getting 2 seats for me and a friend. and everytime someone got up, we would hop over chairs to move closer. Last year it seemed like a lot of the kids were sitting on the left hand side of the floor. I would say there were at least 20 people from fierce over there.

if its anything like last year that will be really hard. I had a difficult time getting 2 seats for me and a friend. and everytime someone got up, we would hop over chairs to move closer. Last year it seemed like a lot of the kids were sitting on the left hand side of the floor. I would say there were at least 20 people from fierce over there.

There were no seats!! I legit was sitting on top of a person, the worst part was I have never seen them before in my life, but we became BFF's since he was sharing his lap with me haha ... Sooooo hoping it's set up ALOTTTTT better this year!!

There were no seats!! I legit was sitting on top of a person, the worst part was I have never seen them before in my life, but we became BFF's since he was sharing his lap with me haha ... Sooooo hoping it's set up ALOTTTTT better this year!!
And its funny because the dance area was huge. yet there was no one ever watching them.

I really hope all the arenas this year are set up more like the dance arena was last year plus some... The dance arena (and if I rememeber correctly Awards?) weren't uncomfortably packed at all and I liked that the teams competed on the stage.

The thing I'm least looking forward to this weekend... those darn weight-baring columns which seem to barely be wide enough for the judges to see the floor. Those things were reallllly annoying.

And its funny because the dance area was huge. yet there was no one ever watching them.

I was a fan of priority seating.. Got a great view from the dirty cement floor ... NOTT!!! But dance is upstairs this yr I think and the whole area seems to be more prepared.(going from all the "deals" there offering coaches.. Last year all the restaurants had no idea we where in town and there was some cooking convention going on upstairs... I guess we'll see tmrw!! ...

Anyone know if there's wi-fi? I wanna bring my iPad to update people but every time I bring it there is no wi-fi so I can't use it.

Anyone know if there's wi-fi? I wanna bring my iPad to update people but every time I bring it there is no wi-fi so I can't use it.
I just looked it up and it said there is in-room wireless but wireless in the convention center would be arranged by the group. So i guess only if coastal paid for it, which i doubt.

I think, looking at the floor layout, it is set up a lot differently than last year.
http://gocoastal.com/Events/NATIONALS/2011BATCBattlePacket.pdf
i think it's page 7 or 8 if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Looking at this years set up, they have the floor at the "top" and last year, the floors were on the right (if we're looking at the diagram in the packet)
That looks soooooo much better than last year!!!
i hope it is as spacious as the diagram makes it look. I also hope there arent pillars in the middle of all of that seating.

That looks soooooo much better than last year!!!
i hope it is as spacious as the diagram makes it look. I also hope there arent pillars in the middle of all of that seating.

agreed. it looks so much more audience friendly. and if I remember right, the pillars should be beside the seating, not in front of it. let's hope the way I'm picturing it in my head is pretty accurate.

agreed. it looks so much more audience friendly. and if I remember right, the pillars should be beside the seating, not in front of it. let's hope the way I'm picturing it in my head is pretty accurate.
yea i remember the pillars on either side of the stage last year, but i dont remember how far across they were. (front of floor to back of seating last year)

Back